• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McClain's group starting at 10:30 - NFL Combine

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Nice to see Leavitt there running a drill involving McClain.  ;D

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

29 is respectable when 3 more reps would have put him 5th.  Regardless the 49 put up by Paea is RIDICULOUS!!!!

The 5.02 won't put him in top 20 . . .

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

29 is respectable when 3 more reps would have put him 5th.  Regardless the 49 put up by Paea is RIDICULOUS!!!!

I think the 5.02 is also respectable, considering he weighs 297 pounds. There were quite a few DL who were much lighter.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

5.02 is very good for a DT. I believe that is quicker than most of the top guys last year.

A small piece of the puzzle, but average in this class.  The DL prospects are the gem of this years recruiting class.  I didn't watch all of the 40 #s, but it was the slowest of the times I watched.

• Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  1

I must have missed the camera that show the scouts measuring heart, drive and motor.

From the NFL combine site.

McClain is a very disruptive run defender that should be able to contribute immediately in a defensive line rotation. He gets off the ball quickly and has the foot speed to penetrate gaps on stunts. He also has fast strong hands to engage and disengage in an instant to get in running lanes and after the quarterback. He is not an experienced pass rusher at this point, but he has the potential to improve due to his quick feet and hands. McClain brings it on every down and he should not last past the second round.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I must have missed the camera that show the scouts measuring heart, drive and motor.

From the NFL combine site.

McClain is a very disruptive run defender that should be able to contribute immediately in a defensive line rotation. He gets off the ball quickly and has the foot speed to penetrate gaps on stunts. He also has fast strong hands to engage and disengage in an instant to get in running lanes and after the quarterback. He is not an experienced pass rusher at this point, but he has the potential to improve due to his quick feet and hands. McClain brings it on every down and he should not last past the second round.

Nice!

• Content Count:  260
  • Days Won:  0

5.02 is very good for a DT. I believe that is quicker than most of the top guys last year.

A small piece of the puzzle, but average in this class.  The DL prospects are the gem of this years recruiting class.  I didn't watch all of the 40 #s, but it was the slowest of the times I watched.

DL is DE's and DT's, so a lot of the guys in his group were defensive ends.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

it would be nice for the Dolphins to draft a bull so I can finally buy a jersey!  Tired of getting jerseys and then they leave....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

it would be nice for the Dolphins to draft a bull so I can finally buy a jersey!  Tired of getting jerseys and then they leave....

I doubt it will be McClain ....

Miami Dolphins nose tackle Paul Soliai signs franchise tag

• Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

I think the 5.02 is also respectable, considering he weighs 297 pounds. There were quite a few DL who were much lighter.

Also, it's key to note that 40 times are less important for DTs.  What's more important are times in 15 yard or 20 yard dashes because scouts care more about acceleration and not top end speed for defensive linemen. 

Archived