• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip Holtz wants QB competition

usf97

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Looks like Brian Bennett with ESPN did a phone interview with Skip. Said he will have more USF related stuff regarding the interview but first he writes about the QB's. I recall BB said the other day in his Mailbag, he wanted to talk to Holtz about Scott and Aycock, so I am sure he will have that in a blog shortly.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/39610/skip-holtz-wants-quarterback-competition

• Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  0

Only way to get better is if you have someone pushing you along the way. Nothing bad can come out earning a starting spot.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Only way to get better is if you have someone pushing you along the way. Nothing bad can come out earning a starting spot.

This!

But let's be honest here.  The job is BJ's to lose.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Regardless of who wins the job, the competition will be close and Holtz will have a quick hook all season.  It will be maddening for members of this board as we switch between QB's.

BJ probably gives us the best chance against ND.

• Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

Surrounding BJ with more talent at WR, RB combined with a year of experience under his belt in the new system and he is going to be very hard to stop. Also assuming the OL is as good or better than last year. They used Lamar alot more against Clemson and I think that trend continues. The biggest competition will be at RB, that's going to be fun to watch.

• Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

Looks like Brian Bennett with ESPN did a phone interview with Skip. Said he will have more USF related stuff regarding the interview but first he writes about the QB's. I recall BB said the other day in his Mailbag, he wanted to talk to Holtz about Scott and Aycock, so I am sure he will have that in a blog shortly.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/39610/skip-holtz-wants-quarterback-competition

bb did say that, so you recalled correctly

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i dnt expect guys already on roster to beat ou bj

he should have brought in new qbs

bj will be qb baring a disaster

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

You have to wonder what Holtz meant by that Gunsby comment. He claims he has a lot of talent. So does that mean he has enough talent to beat out BJ at QB? Or does that mean he could see reps elsewhere on the team? Did Gunsby play anything other than QB in HS?

• Content Count:  4,642

i love QB competition.  i hope we put the best player on the field.

• Content Count:  1,079

You have to wonder what Holtz meant by that Gunsby comment. He claims he has a lot of talent. So does that mean he has enough talent to beat out BJ at QB? Or does that mean he could see reps elsewhere on the team? Did Gunsby play anything other than QB in HS?

It might a " He has tons of talent it's just a matter of getting him reps". Or even that he could surpass Eveld and become the primary backup to BJ. Never know until we start hearing whats going on at Spring.

Archived