• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My worst nightmare....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  0

Well, you shouldn't be shocked really. UCF takes anyone that is simply breathing and alive. They're pushing like 70,000+ undergrad I hear

lol come on man, not the nicest thing to say when we're referring to the guys family member.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  26

So Sad  :(

I am sure you will never let her forget that USF is the better school  ;D

• Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Tell her to work hard over there and, if she does well, she can transfer to USF!

• Content Count:  72

The good thing is...if she every tries to talk smack, I have plenty to shoot back.

And she did apply early, way back in October. #7 in her class of about 500.

There is no way USF denied someone who is 7th in a class of 500, something is wrong here.  Did she not take the sat or act?  Did she not fill out the application properly, is she lying to you about not getting in bc she wanted to go to ucf and knew you would be mad?

Jeff

• Content Count:  4,642

sorry to hear.  from looking at the entrance requirements for usf now, i know i wouldn't have gotten in.  thank God I did 10 years ago!  phew!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

The good thing is...if she every tries to talk smack, I have plenty to shoot back.

And she did apply early, way back in October. #7 in her class of about 500.

There is no way USF denied someone who is 7th in a class of 500, something is wrong here.  Did she not take the sat or act?  Did she not fill out the application properly, is she lying to you about not getting in bc she wanted to go to ucf and knew you would be mad?

Jeff

Actually it has happened before... My niece was fourth in her class and got accepted to UCF and UF but was wait listed at USF. There are alot of factors that go into it. This was about 3 years ago.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Yeah, definitely odd, but not unheard of. I got accepted to UF, USF, and UCF (only 3 applied to), and started at UCF. I was #30 in a class of 489, and had a 4.1. My SAT was only like 1200 but I was lazy and already got the 75% bright futures, so never cared to shoot higher. I had friends that got into UF with 3.0-3.4 GPAs and SAT scores in the same area, so it really seems to be pick and choosey sometimes. This was in 2001 too, after everyone had said that UF had "clamped down" on letting students in.

Your daughter will do fine at UCF. She can always transfer, or get a post graduate degree from USF if she so chooses.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

It might have to do with diversity quotas... this plays just as much of a factor as grades do

Archived