• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls at Friars preview and game thread

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

Where's Ryan Kardok when you need him?

+1

Tough loss but hopefully we can impress vs THE CUSE! Beat Syracuse!

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I can handle the losing, been dealing with it for years.

What sucks is how we lose. We have leads in all of our games. We play tough and only end up losing by single digits.

Really makes you wonder if we really are just a player or two away from being an post-season team.

Guest nybullsfan

I can handle the losing, been dealing with it for years.

What sucks is how we lose. We have leads in all of our games. We play tough and only end up losing by single digits.

Really makes you wonder if we really are just a player or two away from being an post-season team.

We're not too far off (I hope!)

I liked the way Poland started attacking the basket to get to the line. We haven't had much of that since DoJo left.

Guest nybullsfan

Where's Ryan Kardok when you need him?

+1

Tough loss but hopefully we can impress vs THE CUSE! Beat Syracuse!

Unlikely - Cuse runs an awesome zone, and we haven't done well against the zone so far.  :(

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

• Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

If we had someone who could be a CONSISTENT outside shooter and get us 9-12 points per game with 3 pointers we could win thee games. Sadly we dont. Noriega is not at that point yet and not sure he will ever be.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

anyone have an audio or video link?

espn3.com

blacked out in tampa

Yup, Bright House Sports Networks has exclusive rights to broadcast these games in the Tampa Bay area. A group of us caught the game over at Hattricks after the signing day party Stumps. Famous in the lineup likely would have helped with pulling more offensive rebounds. And for anyone thinking that Crater is still the answer at PG; I don't think so.

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

And for anyone thinking that Crater is still the answer at PG; I don't think so.

Crater is the answer at PG for the rest of this season and the next because there is no one better that Stan can pull in. The problem is, has been, and will continue to be under Stan is tempo. I saw the game when I got home and once again the team played better when they were in attack mode. Also yet another announce team said the same thing about how USF needs to speed things up because they play better. As Branch said last game, Crater is good enough to play in an uptempo style. Go back and watch the replay of the game and you'll actually see PC abandon the press when USF starting attacking.

I had to laugh at Stan when after a timeout and USF needing a bucket late in the game he came out with a play designed for Gus Gilchrist, who in his time at USF has shown to be the most non clutch player in college basketball. Gus has never made a basket under pressure. He either forces a bad shot, turns it over, or just flat out misses.

Lastly I'm actually to the point where getting upset is meaningless. I've already said the future of USF basketball program is in the hands of Doug Woolard, so I'm going to set back and wait however long it takes him to try and fix things.

Btw for those still holding out hope for Stan. I check on recruiting daily and USF is not in on any difference makers for the 2012 class and I haven't seen their name mentioned with 2013 kids either. That's the reason why I haven't been posting recruiting articles of late, just nothing to report.

Archived