• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who will be our 12th game this year?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267
  • Days Won:  0

Assuming that the NCAA's proposal for a 12th game gets final approval in April, who will we get to fill out the 2005 schedule?

I am assuming the easiest route would be to add another C-USA opponent.  Or maybe Army.  I remember a few months ago there was an article that stated we were trying to sign a long term series with them.  Although I doubt they would travel to RayJay 2 years in a row?  

Has there been any mention of who might be our 12th opponent this coming season?

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

Will the 12th game start in 2005 or in 2006?

I think 2006 as it would be way too late in the year, or too close to the 2005 season, to allow teams to run out and start trying to schedule games with only 4 months until kick off.

I though I remember several people talking about the Miami deal, saying that it didnt really matter that we only had 5 home games this year because if the proposal passes we could add a sixth game anyway.

You could be right, for some reason I was under the assumtion if could start this coming year, but I am probably wrong.  

As for it being difficult to schedule a game, I don't think it could be that difficult.  It would not be like the year Bowling Green pulled out of a game and we were scrambling to look for a replacement.  By that time most Division I programs already had thier schedule set.  If this proposal did pass in April, you would have 117 teams looking to fill an open spot on thier schedule, so like I said I could be wrong about this, but if i'm not, I don't think it would be that difficult to find someone to come here due to the circumstances.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Since everyone will be looking, may start a bidding war  8)

Would ne nisch to have a 6th home game.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,850
  • Days Won:  22

The 12 game schedule has not been approved yet and if approved will not apply till 2006 at the earliest. our schedule is full for 2005 unless we choose to play at Hawaii or one of the before season classics all of which i highly doubt

• Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

That will be 119 teams, not 117 looking for a 12th game.

I still say we try to lure one of the big BCS schools here that already have 7 home games scheduled for 2006 & 2007 and don't want an 8th home game for whatever reasons.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3

Hopefully this will help!

"Also, the coaches agreed to lobby for a fifth year of eligibility for players. Brand said the issue was not discussed at the convention, and will not come up for a vote when the NCAA Division I Management Council meets in April.

However, Brand said the council will vote in April on a proposal to allow teams to play a 12th game every season, beginning in 2006.

Teaff said if the extra game is approved, the fifth year of eligibility becomes vital.

"We have guys (coaches) who will redshirt 20 guys," he said. "When you take 20 guys off of 85 and you go to 12 games, it doesn't mesh. Something has to happen."

http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/football/articles/2005/01/12/coaches_delay_vote_on_changes_in_poll_vote/

Go BULLS!!

Hey smazza, I don't think I ever thanked you for the tickets! Thanks, my girlfriend and I really enjoyed the club area!

• Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

... lobby for a fifth year of eligibility for players ...

I can only see GOOD about this ... hopefully it passes also.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

The 12-game proposal that is being discussed will take effect in 2006. So 2005 will be an 11-game season (and apparently the final 11-game season).