• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Baseball Tickets

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

So in looking at the flyer for baseball season tickets you can get general admission for $50 or a family of 4 for $100. The Field Box reserved seats are $500. That is 10 to 20 times the cost of general admission. My question isn't the merits of the difference in price (though it is worthy of discussion) but I have never sat that close at a baseball game. For those who have do you think the experience of sitting there is superior to other seating areas at a "typical" baseball game? (I realize nobody has ever done it at the new ballpark). Thanks for any insight you can provide?

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  0

So in looking at the flyer for baseball season tickets you can get general admission for $50 or a family of 4 for $100. The Field Box reserved seats are $500. That is 10 to 20 times the cost of general admission. My question isn't the merits of the difference in price (though it is worthy of discussion) but I have never sat that close at a baseball game. For those who have do you think the experience of sitting there is superior to other seating areas at a "typical" baseball game? (I realize nobody has ever done it at the new ballpark). Thanks for any insight you can provide?

The field boxes are literally RIGHT behind the plate. They're on the same level as the field as well. Great view.

• Content Count:  827

The field boxes are literally RIGHT behind the plate. They're on the same level as the field as well. Great view.

And from what I was told they would be bigger luxury type seats compared to the rest of the grandstand chairback seats.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

If USF anticipates an active market for those seats, more power to them. I hope all those seats are sold off. They're likely anticipating those seats to go local corporations, like a good bunch of the floor seats at the Sun Dome. The drawback is that while the seats are sold, and it represents money in USF's coffers, the seats sometimes go unused.

• Content Count:  1,412

If USF anticipates an active market for those seats, more power to them. I hope all those seats are sold off. They're likely anticipating those seats to go local corporations, like a good bunch of the floor seats at the Sun Dome. The drawback is that while the seats are sold, and it represents money in USF's coffers, the seats sometimes go unused.

Finding "USED" seats in the past has been the issue.

• Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

We've contracted to get naming rights to a row of seats, but there is no way I can justify $1,000 for 2 season tickets in those seats.  We buy the family pack and give the extras to friends to try to get more people to games.  We usually only make 6 - 10 games per year. 

To answer the original question, I like sitting behind the screen but would rather be up about 6 - 7 rows.

• Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

We've contracted to get naming rights to a row of seats, but there is no way I can justify $1,000 for 2 season tickets in those seats.  We buy the family pack and give the extras to friends to try to get more people to games.  We usually only make 6 - 10 games per year. 

To answer the original question, I like sitting behind the screen but would rather be up about 6 - 7 rows.

I was told there are only 68 Field Box seats total. So that means like 34 people @ 2 tickets each. I am sure they will find that many as that is relatively few. Major props on the Name a Row btw!! Major help to USF I am sure!!

Archived