• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Awesome UCF hoops student turnout

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

That is ridiculous... the lower bowl should be all students, minus a section or two for those alumni and fans that want the lower bowl experience.

Hopefully the renovations address this problem.

I've heard that it will.

I highly doubt they add more lower level seats for students when they barely show up to the ones they have right now.

If they're going to enclose the corners on the lower level, there's no reason at all to not add more student seating in two of those corners and behind one basket, much like our used to be top 25 team to the northeast does:

ucf-arena-seat-chart.gif

As long as they are more in the corner/behind the basket.

Having more lower level seats available for season ticket purchasers is a must.

To me, the breakdown they have there looks perfect ....

FYI...The red sections of 210-211-212 are also main student sections...as those seats are not available to the public.

Prior to this season, Sec 201 and 202 were used for student overflow as well, as UCF never offered seats for sale in those areas (demand wasn't there for the paying public but students would easily fill those sections up for Memphis Game, Marshall game last year, etc...) but in the last few games...UCF sold general admission seats at the gate for those sections.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Interesting stuff, K_L, but not really pertinent to this thread ... especially considering I doubt we use the word student and overflow in the same sentence for awhile .... Your awesome student turnout deserves its' own thread.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

Interesting stuff, K_L, but not really pertinent to this thread ...

Wow...I was just trying to correct you since you thought the diagram was "perfect"...even though the seating chart listed was wrong.

Interesting stuff, K_L, but not really pertinent to this thread ...

Wow...I was just trying to correct you since you thought the diagram was "perfect"...even though the seating chart listed was wrong.

The chart WAS "perfect" for us, it didn't matter if it was wrong. Those gray areas are ideal for what we need in the new configuration ...

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  639

w/ the bandwagon rankings bump UCF got a 9K draw, with that gone it will probably go down to 5-6K w/ a packed student section which is solid for a school in a Football state. I watched some of that Duke-FSU game and wasn't impressed w/ their student section considering the #1 team was in town

w/ the bandwagon rankings bump UCF got a 9K draw, with that gone it will probably go down to 5-6K w/ a packed student section which is solid for a school in a Football state. I watched some of that Duke-FSU game and wasn't impressed w/ their student section considering the #1 team was in town

Yeah, the title should have been "Awesome UCF hoops student turnout" .... fixed it.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

meh

• Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

The FSU-Duke game last weekend didn't start until 9:00 pm, the FSU bb games are played at the civic center that is a couple of blocks from the FSU campus.  I think a lot of the kids on campus skipped the game because it was late and they'd have to walk over there in the dark when it was kinda cold out.  Still, the turn out wasn't too hot for such a big game with Duke.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

The FSU-Duke game last weekend didn't start until 9:00 pm, the FSU bb games are played at the civic center that is a couple of blocks from the FSU campus.  I think a lot of the kids on campus skipped the game because it was late and they'd have to walk over there in the dark when it was kinda cold out.  Still, the turn out wasn't too hot for such a big game with Duke.

^^^^ This

For example I wanted to go to our game vs Auburn... the problem was it was at 9PM which was waaaay too late for me for a week night game.

• Content Count:  639

UCF fans have been amazing. Over 9,000 packed the arena for the Rice game last Saturday. Don't think that doesn't upset Donnie Jones that his team did not deliver a win. But the team needs you every game and hopefully all of you and more will fill the place for UAB this Saturday... By the way, at the current pace of UCF student support, over 3,000 a game, that figure will likely be better the overall attendance of many home games for a certain school to the west who has hosted top-10 teams this season before crowds of less than 4,000...

http://ucfathletics.cstv.com/sports/knights/spec-rel/012411aaa.html

Archived