• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For those hoping BE expansion could stop at 9

usf97

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  138
  • Days Won:  0

K-state, Kansas, Mizzou.

I'm with you there. If 12 is a must as AQ, this is easily the best way to go. 12-20. 18 with drops. Hoping TCU was a sign of commitment to Westward presense.

Big East has markets locked down, those teams programs will bring respect and get to keep toes in Texas.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Location isn't everything. People have to want to watch the games. I pretty much watch college football all day every Saturday. I will most likely resort to what Big East game is on if USF isn't on (but really, how many Big East games are on Sturday?)

Then you know what I do next? I watch the most intriguing game on.

Big East has the markets. That isn't it. Would people in Tampa be more likely to attend and watch Mizzou or K-State at USF or Houston?

Mizzou-WVU would be a league marquee match up.

K-State-TCU

Kansas-LVille

etc etc.

You can give a network games (Here's all of our usual teams playing UCF or your example SDSU) but they are only going to pay a higher value for the games if they think people will actually watch them.

This iswhy I hope they hold at nine until Nova declines and make a serious power play.

Guest nybullsfan

Not that SDSU would put a better product on the field, just that there are more potential eyeballs in the city limits of San Diego than the entire state of Kansas. That's all.

Just sayin.

I get it. I know that's why Big East targetted Chicago and will follow the same path again.

When you are pitching your contract, you get one deal, but what happens when it is time to re-up and the games have the lowest ratings. What's the largest city in the SEC? Having so many eyeballs in San Diego is great, but not when they are busy watching five better teams and programs.

I just wish they focused on trying to bring in the best brands, not the biggest markets. How active is K-State, Kansas alumni etc. etc.  My argument is not really with you, just what seems to be the conference's approach.

Guest nybullsfan

I get it. I know that's why Big East targetted Chicago and will follow the same path again.

When you are pitching your contract, you get one deal, but what happens when it is time to re-up and the games have the lowest ratings. What's the largest city in the SEC? Having so many eyeballs in San Diego is great, but not when they are busy watching five better teams and programs.

I just wish they focused on trying to bring in the best brands, not the biggest markets. How active is K-State, Kansas alumni etc. etc.  My argument is not really with you, just what seems to be the conference's approach.

Yah, I get it, but the BE is a big-city, urban conference, and all the future invites will be from urban schools. Only WVU doesn't fit that pattern currently, and KU,KSU,UM certainly don't, but have better athletics.

Memphis, Tulane, UH, Rice, Georgia State, etc all fit the profile, but have (much) worse athletics. Oh well, I could be wrong, but I just don't see the BE going to any rural schools.

• Content Count:  4,642

i'd like to see us steal some acc teams, but that's just me.

• Content Count:  1,261

Apis - The BE gave approval to go to 10 but they do not have to go to 10.  In fact the Commish said it would only take 10 minutes to do the vote to go to 12 if they want to do that.

It comes down to whether or not they think a 10th member adds value and is someone the conference wants.

If they are smart they wait a year or two and see what the Big 12 does.  If there are more problems in the Big 12 then you save the 3 spots and go to 12 by adding Kansas, K State and one other Big 12.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I'd be okay staying at nine.  Ten is weird.  If you play every team in your conference then you have an unbalanced schedule again.  11 is even worse.  If the Big East goes beyond nine, then 12 with a championship game is the way to go.

Archived