• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone have a good story from Charlotte?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

DELdaBull... Hope I didn't ruin you and your wife's time that night (I really don't recall talking about my junk to your lady - although at least I was talking it up I guess). I'm kinda blurry on who you are as well (which is even worse). To be honest, I was flipping through my photos yesterday and I have pictures with people I definitely don't recall taking (we started with Howie P and Mama Bull around 12 PM that day). I need to post the one photo of this one Bull fem I ran into... Have no clue who she is, but I would definitely like to find out. Either way... Happy New Years... Glad we got to hang out (even though I was extremely intoxicated).

You good. We appreciated the entertainment. Your not the first to try to impress the hot mama I call my wife and I'm sure you won't be the last

:D

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

congrats moonknight

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I can honestly say it was the best road trip of my life! Not just because we won, not just because coach anwered my questions at Whiskeys, but because on new years eve on the rusty rudder's boat......she said YES!! Could the day have gone any more perfect! Special thanks to all of the bulls/tigers fan who high fived us and made toasts to us.....it nearly brought me to tears :)

First, congrats and best wishes from both myself and the hubby.

We were thinking about taking that cruise ourselves, but I chickened out as I felt it would be too cold..................and for me it was.  Glad you had a good time on the cruise, that she said yes, and that you received that standing ovation from Bull and Tiger fans alike.

FWIW, we spent our New Years Eve in a nice hot jacuzzi in our room, drinking Aste Spumanti and watching the ball go down on 42nd Street.

BTW, to all, Happy New Year.

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

SO saturday night Im suppose to meet up with some friends who are also my ride home.

They said they were staying at the La Quinta inn and I think: "Awesome, thats where my current group of friends is staying!"

I get to the la quinta inn, open the door to the room my ride home says they are in...and its NOT THEM!

I was at the wrong la quinta inn.

• Content Count:  565

I got to visit the place where my Junior Prom was held (Founders Hall), visited the town where I spent ages 11-16 for the first time in 7 years, had dinner at a seafood place where my grandfather used to take us all of the time while we lived in NC, and got on TV (see profile pic), which resulted in 3 texts and 5 or so Facebook posts, and saw some old USF friends (andythebull, for one) that I hadn't seen since moving to Cola.

Charlotte knows how to throw a freaking bowl game. After the BCS game, this is honestly the best bowl the Big East has to offer, in terms of pregame festivities and the city itself.

• Content Count:  2,307

I had a CRAZY GREAT time.

That's all I have to say.  I love Charlotte!

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

This trip was full of hilarious happenings for me, but the two best were as follows:

First was bumping into Dontavia Bogan what must have been around 1 AM following the game.  Here's what he says:

"I only needed 35 yards for the record at USF.  Guess how many I got?"

I say, "...thirty-four?"

"17!" Then we all just started laughing. 

Justin Brockhaus-Kann was nice enough to take the photo.  I was fairly intoxicated and don't remember how we didn't get a photo with him.  We'll have to get it next year.

DSC04357.sized.jpg

Second, was when we bumped into Skip Holtz the morning after the game.  First, we road the elevator down with his wife.  She's a very nice person.  Then when we get down to the valet area the whole Holtz family was waiting there.  We gave Skip the, " Good game, Coach!"  He thanked us for making the trip.  Then said something along the lines of wishing the game hadn't gotten so close.  To which I responded that the game ended 31-13 in here [pointing to my heart].  He laughed and gave us permission to consider it a 31-13 victory.

Then as the valet pulled out car up, we departed with, "See you next year at the Rose bowl!"

The photo was actually taken the night before.  So, we got to meet him twice!

DSC04353.sized.jpg

• Content Count:  201

The night before the game my group of friends and I owned the bar at Howl at the Moon for a good hour (or so it seemed) despite being some of the only USF fans there.

• Content Count:  81

DELdaBull, it was great seeing you and the wife. Breakfast was a good time to relax and get ready for the game. I am glad you got your 3 wishes actually you got 4  an evening with the sheriff.

looking forward to dinner when you back home, hopefully for good. POPS

Archived