• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Concealed weapons on campus at USF

Oldsmobull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

I can dodge a moped or pancake coming my way, but it's tough dodging a bullet.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  720
  • Days Won:  0

Agree with everything you're saying Dixie! Preach it! lol

I actually have 3-4 holsters because depending on what I'm wearing I'll have to change the location of the gun. I would prefer open carry for the same reasons you provided Dixie. I would still pull my shirt over the firearm but, I wouldn't have to worry about the bulge or the shirt creeping up and exposing it.  I really feel like most people that would see would just assume I was LEO. I mean not too many gangstas carry firearms in nice holsters or are buying tickets to see "Tangled" with their wife and kids...lol

Saying guns cause violence is like sayings pencils misspell words.

Like I said before I have carried for 13 years and have only once had to even pull my shirt up to "ready" the firearm. That was at the Walmart on Cortez at 2:30 in the morning getting my sick son some medicine while we were at Anna Maria on vacation. A couple of suspicious guys hanging around the front of the store decided to follow me out into the parking lot and towards the only truck in that row, which was MINE! Just lifted the shirt a bit to "scratch" my side and almost immediately the two following me decided they needed to move in a different direction.

Guess what? Guns can STOP violence from happening too!

That's my point about open carry. It can prevent violence. Is open carry illegal in FL?

Not at this time but, I believe it's being pushed for again.

That's my point about open carry. It can prevent violence. Is open carry illegal in FL?

Not at this time but, I believe it's being pushed for again.

Whoops NY I read too fast. Yes, it is illegal to open carry in FL.

Yea it is illegal to open carry in Florida now, even for those with concealed pistol toter permits.  I think it is illegal to show a gun at some one too just because they look suspicious.  Maybe the guys following you to your truck were Wal-Mart cart-donkey employees simply retrieving your shopping cart to take back inside the store.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Like I said before I have carried for 13 years and have only once had to even pull my shirt up to "ready" the firearm. That was at the Walmart on Cortez at 2:30 in the morning getting my sick son some medicine while we were at Anna Maria on vacation. A couple of suspicious guys hanging around the front of the store decided to follow me out into the parking lot and towards the only truck in that row, which was MINE! Just lifted the shirt a bit to "scratch" my side and almost immediately the two following me decided they needed to move in a different direction.

Guess what? Guns can STOP violence from happening too!

Good story.  I've had my CWP since 2004 and I have [knock on wood] had to show or even grab for my weapon.

Yea it is illegal to open carry in Florida now, even for those with concealed pistol toter permits.  I think it is illegal to show a gun at some one too just because they look suspicious.  Maybe the guys following you to your truck were Wal-Mart cart-donkey employees simply retrieving your shopping cart to take back inside the store.

Now that you mention it Oldsmobull I wondered why they had on Walmart vests and were retrieveing carts from and empty parking lot at 2:30am........ ::) Thanks for playing though!

I know since I carry a gun I'm "lookin" for trouble....lol

Crambone, I'm on the south side of lakeland over by Jenkins High School.

• 2 weeks later...

Discussion about SB 234 was postponed this morning at Florida Senate Criminal Justice Committee hearing after killed FSU student Ashley Cowie's dad showed up at meeting opposing the gun bill.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/the-buzz-florida-politics/content/guns-campus-bill-discussion-delayed-amid-emotional-scene#comments

Archived