• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ticket sales for MCCB Not looking so good

Matt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

TripleB is right about UL as they did travel well. They quickly sold out their 10K allotment. Granted that St Pete is a great desitnation to travel to, but UL does sell a lot of tickets. The record low attendance had more to do with the Tampa Bay economy and that there were no Florida teams. If you look across the board at the attendance for Tampa Bay sporting events you will see that there has been a decrease in demand. The BUCS, RAYS, and BULLS have suffered. The Lightning are doing better than the previous year but that is because they are winning and they lowered their ticket prices. Also, I am suprised the OUTBACK BOWL has not sold out by now because you have UF with Urbans last game and Penn St with Joe MFing Paterno.  The indication of the OUTBACK bowl not selling out by now tells you that the Tampa Bay Area's econony is down right now. Case closed.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

TripleB is right about UL as they did travel well. They quickly sold out their 10K allotment. Granted that St Pete is a great desitnation to travel to, but UL does sell a lot of tickets. The record low attendance had more to do with the Tampa Bay economy and that there were no Florida teams. If you look across the board at the attendance for Tampa Bay sporting events you will see that there has been a decrease in demand. The BUCS, RAYS, and BULLS have suffered. The Lightning are doing better than the previous year but that is because they are winning and they lowered their ticket prices. Also, I am suprised the OUTBACK BOWL has not sold out by now because you have UF with Urbans last game and Penn St with Joe MFing Paterno.  The indication of the OUTBACK bowl not selling out by now tells you that the Tampa Bay Area's econony is down right now. Case closed.

even if i were a gator fan I wouldn't pay $75 to see a crappy 7-5 team play another crappy 7-5 team and I live 15 minutes from the stadium.

the days of ever escalating prices for sporting events across the board are over. they can't outpace inflation forever.

• Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  0

Bravo for swamprat!!!

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  270

If fans went to only 1 game the entire season, this should be the one to go to.  Who cares if we have gone to Charlotte before?  It's not about the location, it's about making the USF section as big as possible so that when USF really does have that breakout season, Bowl officials won't hesitate to invite us to a prestigious game due to our lack of fan travel. 

Breakout season = winning the BEast = prestigious game (a BCS Bowl).  How well we travel has nada, zip, zilch to do with it.

I believe that is incorrect.  I was not referring to automatic qualification to a BCS game.  I was referring to the top tier bowls that are not BCS bowls.  Bowl attendance does factor into whether a 1.6m payout bowl will choose us (like the Car Care Bowl) or if we are passed up all the way to the Birmingham game or that wretched Toronto game which pays substabtially less.  If we keep travelling 4000 to bowl games, we will never get an at-large to the nice bowl games the other BCS conferences have tie-ins to but occasionally can not fill those spots due to not having enough qualified teams.

Guest Sunburned

If fans went to only 1 game the entire season, this should be the one to go to.  Who cares if we have gone to Charlotte before?  It's not about the location, it's about making the USF section as big as possible so that when USF really does have that breakout season, Bowl officials won't hesitate to invite us to a prestigious game due to our lack of fan travel. 

Breakout season = winning the BEast = prestigious game (a BCS Bowl).  How well we travel has nada, zip, zilch to do with it.

I believe that is incorrect.  I was not referring to automatic qualification to a BCS game.  I was referring to the top tier bowls that are not BCS bowls.  Bowl attendance does factor into whether a 1.6m payout bowl will choose us (like the Car Care Bowl) or if we are passed up all the way to the Birmingham game or that wretched Toronto game which pays substabtially less.  If we keep travelling 4000 to bowl games, we will never get an at-large to the nice bowl games the other BCS conferences have tie-ins to but occasionally can not fill those spots due to not having enough qualified teams.

We didn't travel well to the 2005 Car Care Bowl, or to the 2006 Pizza Bowl, or the 2007 Sun Bowl, 2009 Int'l Bowl, so please explain how we got invited back to your "top-tier" Car Care Bowl in 2010??

Which top tier bowl games did a BCS conference not have enough qualified teams to fill their slo

BTW, I believe your definition of top-tier is far different than mine.  IMO, Top-Tier =  BCS Games;  The Muffler Bowl = Bottom Feeder Bowl (2010 pitted a 3-4 BEast team against a 4-4 ACC team).

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Let's be honest here. Other than the Champs all Big East Bowl tie-ins suck. What I am worried about is an 11-1 (6-1 or 7-1) USF Top 8 or 10 in BCS standings that finishes #2 in the BEast not getting a BCS bowl invite cause we travel like crap.

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Let's be honest here. Other than the Champs all Big East Bowl tie-ins suck. What I am worried about is an 11-1 (6-1 or 7-1) USF Top 8 or 10 in BCS standings that finishes #2 in the BEast not getting a BCS bowl invite cause we travel like crap.

You don't have to worry about that. The Big East won't have 2 teams in BCS games anytime soon even with your situation. BCS will always look toward the SEC, Pac 10, Big 10, Big 12 first.

• Content Count:  4,879

You don't have to worry about that. The Big East won't have 2 teams in BCS games anytime soon even with your situation. BCS will always look toward the SEC, Pac 10, Big 10, Big 12 first.

Ithink his point is that if we traveled well and TCU got auto invite as #2 team in country and we were #8, we'd get a goodlook.

Archived