• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ticket sales for MCCB Not looking so good

Matt

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

FWIW the Outback bowl isn't sold out.

Even with two retiring coaches

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

PERSONALLY I think the "schedule" had a lot to do with this year being down some. When I factor in the opponents, the actual sheduling of games, economy, etc., etc. I can understand attendance being down.

I PERSONALLY only missed one PRESEASON PREDICTION that I can remember. I thought I would have gone to ONE more game in Florida.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Next year will be worse as stimulus money runs dry and the economy really hits rock bottom... the 2011-2012 fiscal year will be the start of the depression.

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Dixie, I think next year may be a banner year if the NFL goes on lockdown.

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

Are all USF grads this poor...sucks for future job prospects.

I wish the overall ****** turnout was due mainly to financial reasons ... CoolBull is correct: "Call it what it is...our fan base needs improvement" .... but it's improvement that will only happen over time.

at least in my case its not financial...

but right now i overpay for season tickets(1500 with donation when friends buy cheap season tix and are able to sit near me every game) and i dont feel like buying two tickets i wont use.  maybe when my kids are all grown up i can make this yearly trek on nye to an average bowl. but for now daycare is closed and im not dragging two toddlers to charlotte

• Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Michigan and WVU are having trouble with their ticket allotment too and both of their games are in Florida. It just tells me that fans are losing interest in these bowl games and that fans are going throuh different routes other than the school to get tix.

• Content Count:  7,693

Michigan and WVU are having trouble with their ticket allotment too and both of their games are in Florida. It just tells me that fans are losing interest in these bowl games and that fans are going throuh different routes other than the school to get tix.

I think that its more of a case of the economy... Michigan has been in a economic depression since what 1990 and WV as of late as been feeling the pain of the depression and the new enviro policies. Also both Michigan and WV have piss poor coaches that the fan base does not like.

Its very simple from an economic stand point... record high unemployment levels = poor economic performance, which includes massive drops in discretionary cash to spend on college football tickets and trips to bowl games.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

WVU just canned their coach and Michigan is canning theirs next week. Start there. Penn State sold the majority of their tix. Miss State sold theirs. Michigan State and Alabama sold out in one day. Start there

• Content Count:  3,084

Im not going

reason: team hasnt accomplished nearly enough to justify spending the time and money to watch them play in a sub par bowl game. 

insert the "we are only a 13 year old program" reasoning here.  I

Archived