• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jacoby Brissett

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

Is there a reason to believe that Brissett is looking at us? Haven't heard anything in a while.

no

Yes, I can play this too.  All kidding aside, there is a reason, and it may be a minute reason, but we are listed as one of eight schools with medium interest.  I know that may mean nothing.

I wonder how many of those eight schools will allow him to play both FB & BB for them. I'm certain that USF would, just as we did with BJ Daniels.

Heath has been burned 3 times going this route before with Matt Jones, Marcus Monk(Heath got played by Houston Nutt bad with that one), and BJ Daniels.

How was Heath burned with BJ?

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Is there a reason to believe that Brissett is looking at us? Haven't heard anything in a while.

no

Yes, I can play this too.  All kidding aside, there is a reason, and it may be a minute reason, but we are listed as one of eight schools with medium interest.  I know that may mean nothing.

I wonder how many of those eight schools will allow him to play both FB & BB for them. I'm certain that USF would, just as we did with BJ Daniels.

Heath has been burned 3 times going this route before with Matt Jones, Marcus Monk(Heath got played by Houston Nutt bad with that one), and BJ Daniels.

How was Heath burned with BJ?

Yeah, BJ took a scholarship from the football team, not from basketball.  So, it really didn't cost anything to Heath.  Just gave him another body to work with.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

BJ toyed with the idea of still playing BB for USF this year because we need a a PG. I don't know if he has yet spoken to Heath.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

BJ toyed with the idea of still playing BB for USF this year because we need a a PG. I don't know if he has yet spoken to Heath.

Hadn't thought of that angle but Heath wouldn't let him last year .... but he also had Howard, too.

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

The bottom line once again is Jacoby won't help the basketball team or be allowed to once he signs on to football. This Charlie Ward or Ronald Curry scenario of a guy playing and helping both sports just doesn't happen nearly as much as some think. Most football coaches will persuade a fb player especially a QB from playing basketball to put more time into working to hone skills in football.

The bottom line once again is Jacoby won't help the basketball team or be allowed to once he signs on to football. This Charlie Ward or Ronald Curry scenario of a guy playing and helping both sports just doesn't happen nearly as much as some think. Most football coaches will persuade a fb player especially a QB from playing basketball to put more time into working to hone skills in football.

I completely agree, but it doesn't demonstratively hurt the basketball team.  He would essentially be a walk-on.  He doesn't take up a spot.

It doesn't really matter anyway.  I don't think Brissett is high on USF.

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

this isn't as hair brain as most of you think.  USF made a huge push late last season and looked to make some headway but to little to late it appears.  They've been trying like hell to get a visit but it appears it won't happen as of right now.  If they don't get Brissett my guess is they hold pat with Floyd and give Grady as glance if/when he comes in too.

Archived