• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Students at bball games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

I got the solution. Win some **** games.

You mean like winning 20 games ... going 9-9 in the toughest hoops conference ... making the post season for the first time in a decade.

It's obviously not just about winning games ... more bribery would be good start ... may take multiple years of winning ... bottom line, school spirit for hoops just ***** royally.

And actually, I didn't realize winter break had already started ... Student turnout wasn't THAT bad considering.

Um yes thats exactly what I meant,

look at what the Sun Dome looked like LAST YEAR at the end of season for the UCONN game:

*PIC*

and may I add that game was during Spring Break when a lot of students had left the campus. Imagine during a regular school week. So yes if we win fans will come.

We were 9-2 last year and the announced crowd for our 12th game was only 500 more than last night ... We had those 20 wins yet the announced crowd for NC State was only 700 more than last night ...Obviously, it's NOT just winning.

In that 9-2 stretch we did not beat anyone of importance...maybe Virginia? Not to mention we lost to Central Michigan. And then, we lost 5 out of 6 games. Can you blame fans for not being excited at that time?

However once we beat the likes of Georgetown with the emergence of Dominique Jones (yall come watch) as our face of the program, it gave fans something to be excited about.

I remember the Pitt game had a good attendance too by that time. And then of course UCONN (being at that game was the best atmosphere I've witnessed in the Sun Dome).

The NC State game was simple. THEY CHARGED STUDENTS. After having all of our tickets for free for every sporting event several students came to the game expecting to get in just to turn around when they began charging us. (I still went to the game tho)

In the end, teams that win have bigger fan bases, it really is that simple. Just win and the bandwagon will begin rolling.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

All these rants are GREAT to have...but they don't mean **** in here!!!

They just stir the pot.

If you want to do something about it...email someone that can change it. 

We need to stampede as an alumni and give them ideas. 

They are obviously getting NONE because non of the schmoes in marketing read this board. 

EMAIL THEM...ALL!!!

GO!!!

8va out!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

You mean like winning 20 games ... going 9-9 in the toughest hoops conference ... making the post season for the first time in a decade.

It's obviously not just about winning games ... more bribery would be good start ... may take multiple years of winning ... bottom line, school spirit for hoops just ***** royally.

And actually, I didn't realize winter break had already started ... Student turnout wasn't THAT bad considering.

look at what the Sun Dome looked like LAST YEAR at the end of season for the UCONN game:

*PIC*

and may I add that game was during Spring Break when a lot of students had left the campus. Imagine during a regular school week. So yes if we win fans will come.

We were 9-2 last year and the announced crowd for our 12th game was only 500 more than last night ... We had those 20 wins yet the announced crowd for NC State was only 700 more than last night ...Obviously, it's NOT just winning.

In that 9-2 stretch we did not beat anyone of importance...maybe Virginia? Not to mention we lost to Central Michigan. And then, we lost 5 out of 6 games. Can you blame fans for not being excited at that time?

However once we beat the likes of Georgetown with the emergence of Dominique Jones (yall come watch) as our face of the program, it gave fans something to be excited about.

I remember the Pitt game had a good attendance too by that time. And then of course UCONN (being at that game was the best atmosphere I've witnessed in the Sun Dome).

The NC State game was simple. THEY CHARGED STUDENTS. After having all of our tickets for free for every sporting event several students came to the game expecting to get in just to turn around when they began charging us. (I still went to the game tho)

You realize that putting on those qualifiers in there ... who they beat, when they beat them, not having to pay for tickets ... you are reinforcing what I said about it's not JUST about winning games.

In the end, teams that win have bigger fan bases, it really is that simple. Just win and the bandwagon will begin rolling.

Then why did we only get a paltry 3.6K at the opening game this year? ... It wasn't like they were playing Ga Southern. So Miss is from a decent conference and an old rival and we were coming off a great, WINNING year ..

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Winning last season didn't help spike student attendance all that much.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

The best is right before the game during introductions where they introduce the 6th man, the student body, representing 47,000 strong LMAO LMAO and you look over and see 47 students there. It is so pathetic and no excuses of Christmas break or winning or losing will convince me otherwise. Students need to step up, get to the games and support their team!

The best is right before the game during introductions where they introduce the 6th man, the student body, representing 47,000 strong LMAO LMAO and you look over and see 47 students there. It is so pathetic and no excuses of Christmas break or winning or losing will convince me otherwise. Students need to step up, get to the games and support their team!

Last night was the first time I actually heard that ... but you gotta give those 47 big props though.

Guest Sunburned

Do you attend all women's basketball games, men's and women's socccer matches, baseball games, softball games, volleyball matches, track and field meets, cross country meets, men's and women's golf and tennis matches, and yachting events??  If not, why aren't you there supporting your teams???

Do you attend all women's basketball games, men's and women's socccer matches, baseball games, softball games, volleyball matches, track and field meets, cross country meets, men's and women's golf and tennis matches, and yachting events??  If not, why aren't you there supporting your teams???

So you agree that student support for USF Athletics sucks ....

Guest Sunburned

So you agree that student support for USF Athletics ***** ....

No!  It is what it is, students don't have an obligation to attend athletic events period, much less those they have no interest in.  As a student, I never attended a single athletic event other than football games.  Should they support the preforming arts, by attending ballets, plays, and concerts?

• Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

*PIC*

You realize that putting on those qualifiers in there ... who they beat, when they beat them, not having to pay for tickets ... you are reinforcing what I said about it's not JUST about winning games.

Alright so maybe just winning isn't everything because if you win games against Davidson, Hampton, and UNC Wilmington,

NO ONE is going to get excited. If you win games against Georgetown, that in the other hand generates buzz.

So let me flip back to my first point. Ok maybe it isn't just "win games", it also is "don't lose" games to crappy teams like Central Michigan. Or for this season, DON'T LOSE to teams like SMU or FAU. If you do it creates pessimism around your team. The thought becomes "why should I go? We're just going to lose against the WVU's, UCONN's, and Pitt's of the Big East." I know this is easier said than done and maybe too high of expectations. But thats really it. If you give your fans a belief that you can compete in the Big East against those teams then fans will come out. (back to my point of the attendance against Pitt and UCONN last year)

I figured when I said "just win" it would also be matched up with "don't lose" but I guess not.

Who are the teams with large fanbases? The ones that win or lose?

Then why did we only get a paltry 3.6K at the opening game this year? ... It wasn't like they were playing Ga Southern. So Miss is from a decent conference and an old rival and we were coming off a great, WINNING year ..

We lost Dominique Jones.

Archived