• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendence lowest since 2006

Why has the attendance been so low  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Sunburned

3. I originally thought that was the biggest reason, but Bull's fans attendance didn't improve during the BE Schedule.  The very poor early home schedule certainly did put a damper on enthusiasm for Bulls football.

With the conference being such a sorry group of teams, I don't think the Big East schedule was particularly attractive either. I still think this, along with very low expectations, is just about the entire explanation. I agree with your other points.

USF was 3-4 against that sorry group of teams.  USF has never been more than a middle of the pack BE team. If low expectations is a reason to not use your tickets, then why do people  buy them?  Perhaps it's time for the powers to be to consider scaling back the program to 1AA, or dropping football altogether.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

3. I originally thought that was the biggest reason, but Bull's fans attendance didn't improve during the BE Schedule.  The very poor early home schedule certainly did put a damper on enthusiasm for Bulls football.

With the conference being such a sorry group of teams, I don't think the Big East schedule was particularly attractive either. I still think this, along with very low expectations, is just about the entire explanation. I agree with your other points.

USF was 3-4 against that sorry group of teams.  USF has never been more than a middle of the pack BE team. If low expectations is a reason to not use your tickets, then why do people  buy them?   Perhaps it's time for the powers to be to consider scaling back the program to 1AA, or dropping football altogether.

I was referring to low expectations following the Syracuse and West Virginia losses, by which point the season was already halfway over and the tickets were already bought.

None of us can offer a definitive answer, because we can't ask every person who decides not to attend the games why they stayed home. But when both teams on the field any given week are playing poorly, what's the draw? It's the only explanation I can think of.

So what's your explanation? Why did USF sell out the West Virginia game in 2007 and none since? The only things I see that are different from them and now are the quality of opponent and the quality of seasons USF is having, so I don't know how it can be attributed to anything else.

• Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Economy is a bulls&it excuse...it costs 50 dollars to park at the swamp and around 5-10k for donor seats ($50 being nosebleed). They still have a wait list longer than I-4. We don't have tradition, so we must rely on a Marquee player, and big games to draw fans.

Guest Sunburned

I was referring to low expectations following the Syracuse and West Virginia losses, by which point the season was already halfway over and the tickets were already bought.

None of us can offer a definitive answer, because we can't ask every person who decides not to attend the games why they stayed home. But when both teams on the field any given week are playing poorly, what's the draw? It's the only explanation I can think of.

So what's your explanation? Why did USF sell out the West Virginia game in 2007 and none since? The only things I see that are different from them and now are the quality of opponent and the quality of seasons USF is having, so I don't know how it can be attributed to anything else.

Huh! We play 7 games in the Big East so how is the season already halfway over after 2 conference games?  At that point we still had 3 conference home games to play at the RJ, and the Bulls won the next games (Cincinnati,  Rutgers, Louisville).  Whats the draw??? Bulls Big East Football, so if that's not enough to get people out to the stadium, then there just aren't enough people interested in Bulls football.  Since neither the Bulls or the Big East don't seem to interest many people in the Tampa Bay area, perhaps USF should reconsider it's position and find another conference to play in or drop the program altogether.

Why was 2007 better? I really don't know, perhaps it was an anomaly, or perhaps the other teams brought more fans. The Bulls were 4-3 (BE) then and 3-4 this year, so that's really not much difference.   The truth is the Bulls just have not been able to build a substantial following because there just isn't enough interest in a mediocre football program to put butts in the seats and possibly may never be.  Thankfully it's not my job to worry about it.  There's life without USF football. Win or lose, the sun will rise the following morning.

USF has trouble putting butts in the seats at the Sun Dome too, so the problem appears to be systemic.

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Are you really that stupid or just trying to be the biggest ___hole you can be?

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Huh! We play 7 games in the Big East so how is the season already halfway over after 2 conference games?

Time for some basic arithmetic. After the West Virginia game, USF was 3-3, meaning it had played six games. The team played 12 games all season. Six divided by twelve is one-half.

The season was half-over after the West Virginia game.

Why was 2007 better? I really don't know, perhaps it was an anomaly, or perhaps the other teams brought more fans. The Bulls were 4-3 (BE) then and 3-4 this year, so that's really not much difference.

Attendance was better in 2007 because USF had multiple home games during a start that saw the team shoot up to No. 2 in the country, and played at least one really big game at home, against No. 5 West Virginia. Expectations for much of that season were dramatically different than they were for the entire year in 2010. Which is exactly what I said.

The truth is the Bulls just have not been able to build a substantial following because there just isn't enough interest in a mediocre football program

Uh, this is exactly what I've said. What are you arguing about?

USF has trouble putting butts in the seats at the Sun Dome too, so the problem appears to be systemic.

How many basketball teams that haven't won a conference title or made the NCAA tournament in two decades fill their arenas? Just like I said about football, the team isn't any good, so people don't go. If that's what you mean by "systematic" then we can agree on this part too.

• Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  0

Go ask the Rays why they couldn't get anyone in the seats, even though they had a very good product on the feild.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

Are you really that stupid or just trying to be the biggest ___hole you can be?

I don't really think that needs to be an either/or question ...

Archived