• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official Uconn USF Game Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I don't see how you let it all hang out against UM last week with the rookie QB, and then you get 1st and goal at the 5, and get conservative tonight.

For those Skip>>>> Leavitt folks, 8-5, 3-4 in the BE isn't that much of an improvement. I'd say Cuse, WVU, and this one are very much on the coaching staff. I think they are good and will be good, but I am sick of reading about how they are the greatest thing ever to happen to USF. Give it a rest. I hope that Eveld starts the bowl game, and they spend the next month of practice figuring out how to run a half way effective offense. We should have lit UConn up. We lost 3 BE games at home this year. That is unacceptable. I am pissed, I probably shouldn't be, but I am. Eveld looks very good throwing the ball down the field, and we waited until it was too late to let him do that. Beyond that, though Eveld struggled at times tonight, it is clear that he is a better pure QB than BJ daniels. he should have taken over after the Syracuse game.

... when it really comes down to it, every time something bad happens, I get more and more angry about losing to the Cuse. Eff'n ridiculous to lose that game, and it set the tone for our pi$$ poor offense throughout big east play.

As for tonight's game, at least run the ball at the end to kill the clock and not give them enough time to drive into FG range (or make them burn their TOs). Did we really burn like 7 seconds by throwing the ball way out of bounds because that was "safe". Really? Oh God, we lost, it's the end of the world, I see it now, thats why we couldn't try to score a GD touchdown there.... **@&^!^#$!!!

OK, I am done with my rant. Glad that the guys never gave up tonight, this team has a lot to be proud of, fighting through a lot of adversity over the last 12 months.

you are a very spoiled, spoiled little hamster and for no reason whatsoever.. do you realize our old staff would get blown out by mediocre teams like rutgers 31-0?  with the exception of UF, NOT ONCE have we gotten blown out this year.. our teams have always fought hard and kept it close-- that goes on the coaching staff for getting the most out of their players.

did it every occur to you that our record is what it is because we just arent very talented this year (especially on offense)?  give the players more time in the system and give our coaching staff more time.. believe it or not, the culture of the program has changed this year and things WILL be better next year and the year after..

if you just look at the numbers, you are missing the big picture-- watch the play on the field, this team hangs tough and they are still young.  they WILL be contending for a while.

See bold. I like the staff, but, I am not ready to put them in the hall of fame yet and take a pi$$ on everything the old staff did to anoint them superior.

You're right, I am spoiled. No one has ever told me that I had to accept my team losing to Syracuse at home with a QB that can't hit the broad side of a barn and refuses to run to help his team (before he was injured). No one has ever told me that I have to accept 2 games in a row without an offensive TD. I may be spoiled, but I expect more out of my team and so should you.

Don't let Skip off the hook because you hate Leavitt, that is all I ask. We may not have a lot of talent, but we have a hell of a lot more than Syracuse and UConn.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  554
  • Days Won:  0

I don't see how you let it all hang out against UM last week with the rookie QB, and then you get 1st and goal at the 5, and get conservative tonight.

For those Skip>>>> Leavitt folks, 8-5, 3-4 in the BE isn't that much of an improvement. I'd say Cuse, WVU, and this one are very much on the coaching staff. I think they are good and will be good, but I am sick of reading about how they are the greatest thing ever to happen to USF. Give it a rest. I hope that Eveld starts the bowl game, and they spend the next month of practice figuring out how to run a half way effective offense. We should have lit UConn up. We lost 3 BE games at home this year. That is unacceptable. I am pissed, I probably shouldn't be, but I am. Eveld looks very good throwing the ball down the field, and we waited until it was too late to let him do that. Beyond that, though Eveld struggled at times tonight, it is clear that he is a better pure QB than BJ daniels. he should have taken over after the Syracuse game.

... when it really comes down to it, every time something bad happens, I get more and more angry about losing to the Cuse. Eff'n ridiculous to lose that game, and it set the tone for our pi$$ poor offense throughout big east play.

As for tonight's game, at least run the ball at the end to kill the clock and not give them enough time to drive into FG range (or make them burn their TOs). Did we really burn like 7 seconds by throwing the ball way out of bounds because that was "safe". Really? Oh God, we lost, it's the end of the world, I see it now, thats why we couldn't try to score a GD touchdown there.... **@&^!^#$!!!

OK, I am done with my rant. Glad that the guys never gave up tonight, this team has a lot to be proud of, fighting through a lot of adversity over the last 12 months.

you are a very spoiled, spoiled little hamster and for no reason whatsoever.. do you realize our old staff would get blown out by mediocre teams like rutgers 31-0?  with the exception of UF, NOT ONCE have we gotten blown out this year.. our teams have always fought hard and kept it close-- that goes on the coaching staff for getting the most out of their players.

did it every occur to you that our record is what it is because we just arent very talented this year (especially on offense)?  give the players more time in the system and give our coaching staff more time.. believe it or not, the culture of the program has changed this year and things WILL be better next year and the year after..

if you just look at the numbers, you are missing the big picture-- watch the play on the field, this team hangs tough and they are still young.  they WILL be contending for a while.

3-4 in the BE is still 3-4 in the BE regardless of how the W's and L's come.  You're like a broken record.

• Content Count:  521
  • Days Won:  0

if you guys want to go back to the way things used to be, fine by me.. live in that fantasy world where we get destroyed by rutgers 41 to 17 or whatever it is, just to say you can beat teams like Syracuse (who has improved greatly this year) and UConn (who won the conference title)

• Content Count:  21,078
  • Days Won:  39

if you guys want to go back to the way things used to be, fine by me.. live in that fantasy world where we get destroyed by rutgers 41 to 17 or whatever it is, just to say you can beat teams like Syracuse (who has improved greatly this year) and UConn (who won the conference title)

I agree. 3-4 is not 3-4 no matter how you get there.  This team was always competitive in the games, whereas before they would completely not show up to games.  This team is young at key positions so I think it could have been much worse.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

reading thru here... a few things:

is there anyone on this board that really hates leavitt? Shouldn't be.

_____

My expectations for Skip only go up from here. In the next 3 to 4 years we should expect a BE title in tampa... That's why he was brought here. If skip starts getting blown out by bad teams and not being competitive late in the season then the same complaints that were sounded off about leavitt will be raised about holtz.

That said, I think Skip has done a great job given the circumstances. I look forward to an even better season next year (the problem is that all BE teams are going to improve as well... not just us)

Guest nybullsfan

_____

My expectations for Skip only go up from here. In the next 3 to 4 years we should expect a BE title in tampa... That's why he was brought here. If skip starts getting blown out by bad teams and not being competitive late in the season then the same complaints that were sounded off about leavitt will be raised about holtz.

That said, I think Skip has done a great job given the circumstances. I look forward to an even better season next year (the problem is that all BE teams are going to improve as well... not just us)

Call me delusional, but I expect it next year.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

See bold. I like the staff, but, I am not ready to put them in the hall of fame yet and take a pi$$ on everything the old staff did to anoint them superior.

You're right, I am spoiled. No one has ever told me that I had to accept my team losing to Syracuse at home with a QB that can't hit the broad side of a barn and refuses to run to help his team (before he was injured). No one has ever told me that I have to accept 2 games in a row without an offensive TD. I may be spoiled, but I expect more out of my team and so should you.

Don't let Skip off the hook because you hate Leavitt, that is all I ask. We may not have a lot of talent, but we have a hell of a lot more than Syracuse and UConn.

+1

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

_____

Call me delusional, but I expect it next year.

I see no reason why they can't win the Big East next year. They had a decent shot this year but the offense was just so bad. If the offense improves at all, why not?

I'm excited about the Notre Dame game too, that will be an interesting game for both teams.

Archived