• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What about Univ. of Houston?

RickUSF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  0

The Houston part of this seems reasonable; ND not so.  I don't think you can have a conference where the teams aren't all subject to the same rules for who they play, etc.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  521

I think ND can exist in a Big East conference  and still have the same "if they finish in the top 10, they get a BCS at large bid at the least" rules... why not?  We all know the presence of ND across the nation, it's no secret.  Let them keep their NBC contract, so in an indirect way, the Big East gets exposure on NBC (because of the in conference teams that ND plays).. if they don't win the Big East or even make it to the Big East Championship, they still have a good shot at a BCS game if they finish in the top 10, as an at large team.. much like how Arkansas this year made it in despite not even making it to the SEC Championship game

• Content Count:  259

I'd rather add a team that people actually care about like ECU or UCF. Houston is behind them in academics, facilities, fanbase, and on field/court performance. Would be a terrible addition.

• Content Count:  273
  • Days Won:  2

I'd rather add a team that people actually care about like ECU or UCF. Houston is behind them in academics, facilities, fanbase, and on field/court performance. Would be a terrible addition.

People care about UCF?

• Content Count:  1,238

Advocating UCF to the Big East from a bulls fan. Good idea, lets extend an arm to our competition and prop them up. In fact, while we're into helping eliminate our competitive advantage over our competitors, why not just offer to go back to C-USA to make room for UCF?

I swear, you USF fans who want UCF in the big east are incredibly short sighted.

• Content Count:  259

Advocating UCF to the Big East from a bulls fan. Good idea, lets extend an arm to our competition and prop them up. In fact, while we're into helping eliminate our competitive advantage over our competitors, why not just offer to go back to C-USA to make room for UCF?

I swear, you USF fans who want UCF in the big east are incredibly short sighted.

USF will benefit long run from a better overall conference. You don't see SEC,Big10, etc teams afraid of having to play good teams during the season. The BE adding better teams is better for everyone. UF advocated adding FSU into the SEC when FSU was nothing because they knew the rivalry would grow both programs.

But you could keep acting like a ***** I guess.

Guest nybullsfan

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Competition is a good thing. Bring on the Knights and the Cougars!

GB!!

• Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

I swear, you USF fans who want UCF in the big east are incredibly short sighted  WORRIED.

USF will benefit long run from a better overall conference. You don't see SEC,Big10, etc teams afraid of having to play good teams during the season. The BE adding better teams is better for everyone. UF advocated adding FSU into the SEC when FSU was nothing because they knew the rivalry would grow both programs.

Fixed for you, in my opinion. Adding UCF would help build a rivalry that does not exist for either program. Rivalry = interest. Either way, UCF just needs to keep winning. The BE is so slow...I expect nothing to happen any time soon.

• Content Count:  1,238

Nothing against improving the conference. I love the addition of TCU. If they found a way to get ND, PSU, and BC to join I'd love that too. I was the conference to be as good as possible, but that doesnt mean we need to prop up a 5th Florida BCS school to make our recruiting more difficult.

Its not like UCF is a slam dunk anyway, this is the first year theyve been any good.

• Content Count:  270

I'm all for Houston (and UCF for that matter) being invited into the Big East.

Archived