• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF facilities discussion

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

USF needs to play catch up to the on-campus environments of UF, FSU, UM.. and yes even UCF.

You people do realize that College environment is more than just being in a BCS conference, right?  Maybe an athletic village like UCF's will bring people on campus/bring them out of their dorms.. as it stands, kids go off campus for entertainment, so we need to find a way to bring them back on campus.  As much as i would like a village like that, we need to build a stadium on campus first and then build a village around it.

I don't think you've spent much time on other campuses either... most of the entertainment in Tallahassee, Gainesville, Miami, and Orlando is OFF CAMPUS.

For example, Florida State students party on Tennesee Street and Downtown... NOT ON CAMPUS.

Miami students party in South Beach or Coconut Grove... NOT ON CAMPUS.

Heck, THE U has never - NEVER - played a football game on campus...

Don't get me wrong... I like the idea of "new urbanism" embodied in the plan UCF and FAU are following... and it might be a good idea for USF... but it will not be the panacea you think it is.

I think every college kid parties "off campus"...including UCF.

Most of UCF's new amenities are used during the day...or on game-days (i.e. football, concerts, basketball, etc..).

The new on-campus stadium and new on-campus arena (large basketball crowds and much larger concerts/shows) have obviously brought major events to UCF's campus which were never held here before 2007...so yes, on those days, there is a much different "vibe" on-campus...but many of those new amenities (shops/restaurants) are enjoyed by smaller crowds on a normal Tues afternoon.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

USF needs to play catch up to the on-campus environments of UF, FSU, UM.. and yes even UCF.

You people do realize that College environment is more than just being in a BCS conference, right?  Maybe an athletic village like UCF's will bring people on campus/bring them out of their dorms.. as it stands, kids go off campus for entertainment, so we need to find a way to bring them back on campus.  As much as i would like a village like that, we need to build a stadium on campus first and then build a village around it.

I don't think you've spent much time on other campuses either... most of the entertainment in Tallahassee, Gainesville, Miami, and Orlando is OFF CAMPUS.

For example, Florida State students party on Tennesee Street and Downtown... NOT ON CAMPUS.

Miami students party in South Beach or Coconut Grove... NOT ON CAMPUS.

Heck, THE U has never - NEVER - played a football game on campus...

Don't get me wrong... I like the idea of "new urbanism" embodied in the plan UCF and FAU are following... and it might be a good idea for USF... but it will not be the panacea you think it is.

I think every college kid parties "off campus"...including UCF.

Most of UCF's new amenities are used during the day...or on game-days (i.e. football, concerts, basketball, etc..).

The new on-campus stadium and new on-campus arena (large basketball crowds and much larger concerts/shows) have obviously brought major events to UCF's campus which were never held here before 2007...so yes, on those days, there is a much different "vibe" on-campus...but many of those new amenities (shops/restaurants) are enjoyed by smaller crowds on a normal Tues afternoon.

WTF???????????????

THIS got moved???

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

South Florida Bulls Athletics Main Board:     

Join the largest online Bulls community and post your messages on the Bulls here!!

You are not part of the Bulls community .... no matter how much you want to be.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  639

UCF boards allow USF and ECU fans to insult anything UCF and nothing is moved or banned unless someone really crosses the line....just saying

You people do realize that College environment is more than just being in a BCS conference, right?

You do realize that "college environment" is a totally subjective and abstract concept and can't be linked to any specific factor, right?

Only people who have never been to another college campus other than USF would say things like that

My hope is that we become like Arizona State.. big (in fact HUGE) public school in a metropolitan area.. but with an on-campus environment along with a pseudo-college town feel in the surrounding area

OK, if "college environment" is not abstract, it will be no problem for you to list for me all the things that make a "college environment." Again, because it is not abstract or subjective, this can't be something that varies from school to school. If it did vary, that would make it subjective, but we've established that it's NOT subjective. Please provide me with the list.

I'll give you one:  On Campus Traditions like the ASU Undie Run 2010

UCF has Spirit Splash that I heard that is pretty crazy but I agree with the other guys post.  If we could get an environment like ASU, **** I would go to campus every year and tell co-eds that I'm a graduate student LOL

The point I'm making is this: RickUSF said "College environment is more than just being in a BCS conference," but what it doesn't seem to realize is that creating such an atmosphere doesn't even have to involve a BCS conference, or any sports at all (certainly helps though).

Harvard has a campus that I'd say has a great college atmosphere, but has very little to do with sports.

What makes Arizona State a "college environment" is different from what makes UF a "college environment," which is different from what makes any other university a "college environment." If it were as simple as listing all the things that DO make such an atmosphere, then every university in the country would have done it already.

UCF boards allow USF and ECU fans to insult anything UCF and nothing is moved or banned unless someone really crosses the line....just saying

Triple is BUTT HURT...and he was NOT obviously personally invited to THIS BOARD like I was by the originator's of this board.

It really is sad when one can't even have a mature discussion on any of these boards...all because Triple was is too emo to handle an adult discussion.

Brad has to be embarrassed by what the mods have become.

• Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

Not true.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Triple is BUTT HURT...and he was NOT obviously personally invited to THIS BOARD like I was by the originator's of this board.

Nobody cares about this but you.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Maybe the originators of this board didn't think you'd run around to our conference brethren's boards talking **** about us like a little ***** ... or take the veiled shots you do here.

BTW, what the **** does BUTT HURT mean??

Archived