• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

student section

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

to go along with the traditions thing, what do you guys think the student section should be called?  i know in the past under the sheriff we were Greenbergopolis, but since then we haven't had anything, and i think that it would be a good thing to have a name for our section.  any ideas for names would be greatly appreciative.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  442

We have two names that everyone really really likes as you know;  The Bullpen and Mac's Maniacs....I have great ideas on what to do and how to start it.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

those are good names chris i remember when we came up with macs maniacs.  oh i won't be able to make the meeting on thursday i have class at 5, if anything i will try to get there late

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  442

sounds good andy stop by if you get out in time if not we will see you at the Memphis game

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

I don't know but I've always wanted the Sun Dome to be called The Bull Ring.

Except for the time we had the soft roof and thought Shea Cotton was going to commit.  Then I would've been happy with The Cotton Ball or The Q-Tip :)

Of course you students may be too young to remember that fiasco.

In all seriousness, you have to be careful naming it after a coach.  Coaches quit and coaches get fired.  If you want a tradition you want it to be something that will stand the test of time.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

It's alright to name something after the coach, but what happens when he leaves?  See "GreenbergOpolis".  Before that, the "Rose Garden."  

I fully expect Coach McCullum to be successful, which may ultimately lead to his departure.  Why not find a name that recognizes the Bulls that we are and not just supporters of the current coach.  Hard to build tradition if you are "GreenbergOpolis" for 2 years and then "Mac's Maniacs" for 5 years and then "Next guy's Nutcases" and so on.

Find something that is enduring...There are other ways to show support for the coach.  We need people to support the Bulls.  B-U-L-L-S.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

I don't know but I've always wanted the Sun Dome to be called The Bull Ring.

Except for the time we had the soft roof and thought Shea Cotton was going to commit.  Then I would've been happy with The Cotton Ball or The Q-Tip :)

Of course you students may be too young to remember that fiasco.

In all seriousness, you have to be careful naming it after a coach.  Coaches quit and coaches get fired.  If you want a tradition you want it to be something that will stand the test of time.

Omni, how'd we get seperated at birth?  I was typing virtually the same message as you posted yours.  

But that brings up a great point - why not rename the "Sun Dome"?  Why is it called that anyway?  Can't we find a sponsor?  "The Merril Lynch Bull Ring"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Raging Bulls?

Guest S.  Bien

I love the "Bullpen" because it implies something at many levels.  A bullpen in baseball is usually used to bail-out, or the save the game- the fan's interaction would be like a 6th Man, the group that helps save the game with our noise.

It's entirely USF, and it will stand the test of time.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594

My kid brother started the student section at OU the year after I graduated. They called it the "O-Zone" and it's grown to be a huge success, kids camping out for weeks to get their front row tickets, et cetera. They have T-Shirts and everything, and they spread it to the football games as well.

with that in mind, i like either "bullpen" or just "The Corral" or "Mac's Corral" or "Coach Mac's Corral" or ... you get the idea