• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brian Bennett Picks Pitt to Beat Us

usf97

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

dosnt he know skip is coach now

BB has been overtly negative about the USF program since about the middle of last season. You could see his attitude change significantly when USF fell off last year and the coaching change did nothing to change his opinion.

Like many writers, you can tell it is much more important for him to be right than for him to get the correct story.

I saw right after the USF - Rutgers game he started his article saying he did not expect a high scoring affair but because of the special teams the scores got unexpectedly elevated....so he should be held accountable for that in his prediction. My thought was....really....you START the story defending your opinion of the game?!? I noticed hours later that those comments were edited out of his story so it tells me someone from above told him to chill out.

he hasn't thought highly of us for some time and he's not gonna stick his neck out and predict an upset when it comes to us. When he listed our florida and miami games as less important for the BE than the Rutgers/UNC game, I knew he wasn't going to give us any credit. He probably hates that he has us listed as #3 in the league right now.  :P

Let me get this straight: UF beats USF pretty handily, and you are calling someone out for saying it was not a big game for the conference? Unless you WANT the conference to look bad, it sounds to me like Bennett was dead on.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,881

Why are some of you up in arms about what brian bennett thinks? The guy has been wrong all year. As far as I'm concerned it's great he picked against us.

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

You are just paranoid.

Maybe but I also recall after our Cincy win he still did not predict us to win 2 more games and go bowling. Yet he had Cincy going Bowling and winning 3 more games....seems a little biased to me....but hey maybe I am just paranoid.

You are just paranoid.

Maybe but I also recall after our Cincy win he still did not predict us to win 2 more games and go bowling. Yet he had Cincy going Bowling and winning 3 more games....seems a little biased to me....but hey maybe I am just paranoid.

It certainly could be both.  :)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

BB has been overtly negative about the USF program since about the middle of last season. You could see his attitude change significantly when USF fell off last year and the coaching change did nothing to change his opinion.

Like many writers, you can tell it is much more important for him to be right than for him to get the correct story.

I saw right after the USF - Rutgers game he started his article saying he did not expect a high scoring affair but because of the special teams the scores got unexpectedly elevated....so he should be held accountable for that in his prediction. My thought was....really....you START the story defending your opinion of the game?!? I noticed hours later that those comments were edited out of his story so it tells me someone from above told him to chill out.

he hasn't thought highly of us for some time and he's not gonna stick his neck out and predict an upset when it comes to us. When he listed our florida and miami games as less important for the BE than the Rutgers/UNC game, I knew he wasn't going to give us any credit. He probably hates that he has us listed as #3 in the league right now.  :P

Let me get this straight: UF beats USF pretty handily, and you are calling someone out for saying it was not a big game for the conference? Unless you WANT the conference to look bad, it sounds to me like Bennett was dead on.

I think BB's comments were BEFORE the season, considering he included UM .... I think 2000 was right, saying Bennet was covering his ass in case we did win one, or both, of those games saying it wouldn't be as big a deal as Rutgers beating UNC.

• Content Count:  7,047
  • Days Won:  11

I think BB's comments were BEFORE the season, considering he included UM .... I think 2000 was right, saying Bennet was covering his *** in case we did win one, or both, of those games saying it wouldn't be as big a deal as Rutgers beating UNC.

exactly  ::)

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Brian bennet is off ?  The guy has picked at almost 75% win percentage for the BE games this year.  How on earth can anyone say he doesn't know what he is doing ?

I think BB's comments were BEFORE the season, considering he included UM .... I think 2000 was right, saying Bennet was covering his *** in case we did win one, or both, of those games saying it wouldn't be as big a deal as Rutgers beating UNC.

exactly  ::)

Yes he made it before the season, and he was exactly right. The criticism still makes no sense.

You think that I thought Bennett predicted UF to win AFTER the game? What?

• Content Count:  10,565

Just go out and win and no one will care about the pick.

Bennett is a very solid writer. I'm sure he's not the only one who thinks Pitt may win on Saturday.

Archived