• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Prado is putting together a pretty good class!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blog/tampa-catholic-ss-alfonso-commits-usf/7383/

So that's 2 players from Alonso, 1 from Plant, another from Jefferson. Great to see him keeping it local, that's what we should be doing! Hopefully they make it to campus, and pan out!

Jose Fernandez is the gem of the class. I doubt he makes it to campus but it would be AMAZING if he did.

More info on him:

http://www.baynews9.com/article/sports/2010/november/168680

Sorry, I meant 1 from Alonso, 1 from TC, 1 from Plant, 1 from Jefferson.

The Alonso/Alfonso thing messed me up for a second lol  ;D

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I will defer to those who follow baseball and baseball recruiting, but hasn't Prado Had pretty good classes throughout he tenure?  Yet we seem to be nothing more than average in a mediocre baseball conference.  At least that's the view from a non-baseball guy.

Will the new facilities take us up on recruiting?

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I will defer to those who follow baseball and baseball recruiting, but hasn't Prado Had pretty good classes throughout he tenure?  Yet we seem to be nothing more than average in a mediocre baseball conference.  At least that's the view from a non-baseball guy.

Will the new facilities take us up on recruiting?

Should help, but we need to win the conference too.  Winning will recruit better players.  He's had pretty good classes in the past.  Most of his good players seem to be choosing the pros over USF so that really is his fault, but we have to win the conference in my mind before we're a player.  The new stadium is going to be awesome, btw.

The new stadium is going to be awesome, btw.

I go by it at least once a week just to check things out. It's going to be a beaut!

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Thanks Joe.  In my mind there's no reason for us to not be dominating the BE in baseball.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

When's the first game in the new stadium? I don't even know when college baseball season begins. I never went to games as a student, but after moving back to Tampa late last year I went to a few baseball games and for the most part had a great time. The team was fun to watch, at least in the games I saw. I just wish I had been there for the no-hitter, I had debated going to that game, but I unfortunately decided to stay home. Lesson learned, so I want to go to more games this year, hopefully the team can take the conference.

• Content Count:  763

This class is definitely solid. The key is to get these kids on campus.

A buddy of mine who is an agent said P Jose Fernandez (Alonso) is legit. His number back it up as well.

Fernandez was 10-1 with a 0.87 ERA for the Ravens. He struck out 107 batters in 72.1 innings pitched. He also batted .408 with 5 home runs and 29 RBI.

The question though is will he and others pass up the guaranteed money to play for USF?

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I will defer to those who follow baseball and baseball recruiting, but hasn't Prado Had pretty good classes throughout he tenure? 

Yes, he's had really good classes, but more often than not, some of those kids have been lured away by the pro's. Let's see how many of these kids actually make it to USF.

Archived