• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

THURSDAY = USF VS UCF DAY!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

Been working to drum up USF fan attendance for B-ball but team has not been cooperating with early performance thus far.  Hope they wake up a little before Thursday.  Soccer has a much better shot to win but would not be surprised to take the collar in this doubleheader.  Still, I will be there and urge others to make the trip as well.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

It will be an upset if we don't lose to them in basketball this year .... I believe they're returning all 5 starters while we're early in the process of seeing who the hell are going to be the main contributors in conference play ... Plus, they will treat this like a NCAA tourney game.

Well, I think you've covered every excuse that is out there...

Are you sure there isn't a big game you're also looking forward to?

You're right .... We might be overlooking you in lieu of our big game with Georgia Southern on Sunday ... I just figured I'd listed enough already.

And I love when people get all pissy and start throwing "That's just an excuse" ********. If that makes you feel better, fine, but those are some of the reasons UCF should win on Thursday. UCF should be a better team right now ... Embrace it ... It's not something you can say very often without choking back a laugh ... and just think, you may be able to say it TWICE on Thursday! There could be couch burnings in Oveido Thursday night ...

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

Get your asses to the sundome.

I'm not one to complain about attendance but wow.......This place is EMPTY right now.

what do you expect?  we never draw well for basketball.  the student support for men's basketball is awful.  there is no reason why there shouldnt be atleast 3K students there every game.

I fully agree Matt.

It's a shame but after that abysmal performance against So Miss last Friday who can blame people not wanting to go. There are two problems the basketball team faces. The football is winning and has a chance to win the BE. Weak conference and average team aside they have a chance to win and that's more then enough to keep people away. Another reason why people aren't coming and the biggest reason for me is that Heath Ball is not entertaining to watch. I mean maybe if USF puts some beds in the dome folks might come out and watch so they can get a good night of sleep.

Heath really wants to play the kind of ball that was played before the shot clock era and that's not fun to watch or to play. People will come a couple of years from now once a new HC is in place and bring an exciting brand of basketball to Tampa.

And the cheap shots continue.

More to the point how hard it is to watch this halfcourt crap Heath wants his team to play. I usually get on the folks for not showing up, but hell I don't want to go watch them play live either. I have went to many sporting events and the reason I go is to be entertained above all else.

We all sat through Greg Gregory's shizzle offense. We didn't like it but we were there.

Support your team and FAN UP!

I know you are right, there's no doubt about that. I just can't stand slow it down basketball. I like athleticism to be on display and I think that's the only way USF can overcome their average recruiting and put some more butts in the seats. Also networks don't want to put boring teams on national TV either.

Well, USF will be on national tv this Thursday Night at UCF as CBS College Sports will be caring the game.

While both schools "struggle" sometimes with Hoop Attendance, UCF is off to a pretty good start this year...even opening up against a Div II team, West Florida.

UCF Attendance:

Last Friday: Div II WEST FLORIDA: 5,865 (Same night as sold-out Magic Game)

Last Night: JACKSON STATE: 6,339 (Same night as sold-out Magic Game)

Ave: 6,099

USF Hoop Attendance:

Last Friday: SOUTHERN MISS: 3,689

Last Night: ST FRANCIS: 2,722

Ave: 3,205

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,501

If they are smart they will push basketball back 30 minutes to allow people to see both games.

What ?   All 23 of those soccer fans.

• Content Count:  4,501

I will be at the BB game and expect a win.  Vega for such a big BB fan you sure are negative.  I guess you haven't lived thru the many years of not being so great at USF in BB.  Some of us actaully were there when we last danced like what ? 20 years ago.  Man thats a long time.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I will be at the BB game and expect a win.  Vega for such a big BB fan you sure are negative.  I guess you haven't lived thru the many years of not being so great at USF in BB.  Some of us actaully were there when we last danced like what ? 20 years ago.  Man thats a long time.

I've been there for all of that. Not sure why you're picking on Vega. He's a solid basketball poster and knows his stuff. If you've seen us play our first 2 games, then you'll know that we have some glaring issues with our team right now.

• Content Count:  4,642

go bulls! beat the kanigits!

• Content Count:  639

If they are smart they will push basketball back 30 minutes to allow people to see both games.

What ?   All 23 of those soccer fans.

:lol was thinking the same thing, our female soccer team probably gets better support

It will be an upset if we don't lose to them in basketball this year .... I believe they're returning all 5 starters while we're early in the process of seeing who the hell are going to be the main contributors in conference play ... Plus, they will treat this like a NCAA tourney game.

Well, I think you've covered every excuse that is out there...

Are you sure there isn't a big game you're also looking forward to? 

Might as well get them all of the way.

No we just suck. If you guys don't beat us on your home floor I'd be surprised.

We have the advantage in talent, but they have the advantage in coaching, know their identity, and are at home.

not sure UCF has the coaching advantage, it's his first season so who knows how it turns out. Early on it looks like Donnie Jones can recruit, that's all I know for now

I've been there for all of that. Not sure why you're picking on Vega. He's a solid basketball poster and knows his stuff. If you've seen us play our first 2 games, then you'll know that we have some glaring issues with our team right now.

Nobody's denying we have glaring issues right now ... but anybody following this team should have known that, with what we have to replace. To start the ******** and moaning right out the chute, when anybody who knows his stuff should know that Stan's going to be mixing and matching to what does and doesn't work, is a freaking joke ... not something indicative of a "solid basketball poster".

not sure UCF has the coaching advantage, it's his first season so who knows how it turns out. Early on it looks like Donnie Jones can recruit, that's all I know for now

You don't get it... He's not Stan Heath ... advantage UCF.  ::)

Archived