• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Heading to Tampa for the UConn game, restaurant question

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

Great place...amazing Sangria.  Had three then went home with a cutie. 

Recommend it highly.  ;)

GO BULLS!!!

8va

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Want a true taste of what Tampa is really like? Skipper's Smokehouse on Skipper road a little north of the campus.Fresh Fish, fried food, raw oysters, cold beer, good music (occasionally), hippies, deadheads, and other

'uhem' options if you get my drift.

Want BBQ? It's a drive but First Choice BBQ in Brandon. Looks like a s-hole in the wall but the food is phenomenal.

For Steak's, If you got money to burn, Bern's is very, very good but I think overpriced.

Italian - Lauro Ristorante

Beer - Any of the World of Beers

And if you are wondering what my food credentials, my belly says, "I've got your credentials, right here." (I'm not really Italian or from New York/Jersey, I'm just fat and was trying to make a joke)

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Mons Venus. Great food. LOL!

Nothing in there you want to eat....unless you would like to leave with a gift that keeps giving-or showing up-

• Content Count:  1,079

Mons Venus. Great food. LOL!

Nothing in there you want to eat....unless you would like to leave with a gift that keeps giving-or showing up-

lol

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Bern's is excellent,  The chateau braind for two is out of this world.  If you go, make reservations for both dinner and the desert room.

For Bar-b-q, my favorite is Big Johns, 5707 North 40th Street Tampa, FL 33610-3859 - (813) 626-9800

Columbia is really good Spanish food.  Go to the one in Ybor.

If you're down for a while, good lunches include Wright's Gourmet Deli and Mel's Hot Dogs.

• Content Count:  742

Ok, here is what I would do if I was you. Since your wife wants to go to Ceviche, take her there. However, SKIP dessert and walk down the street to the dessert room at Bern's. I'm not saying to go to Bern's and order dessert but to actually ask to be seated in the dessert room. It's a very romantic spot, and you can get some great desserts for around $6-$9.

From there, since you probably would have had a few drinks by then, just keep walking North on Howard till you reach the bars. The walk is not that bad, it's a safe 10 min walk.

This is a good idea. You will win points for this one.

If you want to have a unique lunch. Go to La Teresita get a cuban or roast pork sandwich, platanos and a cafe con leche.

Jay

• Content Count:  2,558

If you want a lot of food, Boizao is awesome

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

The Rusty Pelican!!!

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

If you do the Columbia you will want to park in the Centro Ybor garage and walk down to it and stay on 7th Avenue or 8th Avenue... don't park in the dirt lots in Ybor... while I do not want to scare you away from the place lets say that Ybor is a lot like Bourbon Street in that there is a tourist area surrounded by a very bad area.

The garage at Centro Ybor is policed, well lit, cheap, and secure... the grass lots are not policed, well lit, or secure.

Another alternative would be to park at Channelside which is next to the St. Pete Times forum where the Lightning play and take a trolley over to Ybor. This is what I do.

Archived