• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Heading to Tampa for the UConn game, restaurant question

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21
  • Days Won:  0

Hey guys,

Congrats on the win against UL.  I'll be heading down for our game on Dec 4 have a question about a Tampa restaurant.  The wife found Ceviche's website, and now she wants to go.  Any thoughts - is it worth the trip? Also, we'd be going on Friday night, and according to their website, they are located in the nightclub district.  Does that mean it'll be tough or expensive to park in the area?

Thanks in advance,

HP

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Not really-do an early dinner; I think Charleys is way better if your looking to have a nice dinner out.

Hey guys,

Congrats on the win against UL.  I'll be heading down for our game on Dec 4 have a question about a Tampa restaurant.  The wife found Ceviche's website, and now she wants to go.  Any thoughts - is it worth the trip? Also, we'd be going on Friday night, and according to their website, they are located in the nightclub district.  Does that mean it'll be tough or expensive to park in the area?

Thanks in advance,

HP

Huskey ... Ceviche is good, and they offer valet parking.  But it's not really in the "nightclub" district per se.  Hyde Park, or more specifically the South Howard area has a lot of street parking ... it's a bit more upscale than the true entertainment districts (Ybor City and Channelside).

Enjoy the trip and the visit.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I've eaten at Ceviche twice, and both times I had a great meal. Definitely a good place to go.

• Content Count:  937

its tapas so you'll be spending some dime on small plates. but its def romantic and has great sangria.. dont worry bout parking.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  1,231

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance,

HP

If you have never been, and you like steak, Bern's is a long time classic. It is a unique place to say the least. And has one of the largest wine lists in the world.

Have a safe trip.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Hyde Park is an upscale part of Tampa, its the SoHo District of the City:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soho,_Tampa

It encompasses South Howard or "Hyde Park", which is the upscale part of Tampa; Channelside next to the St. Pete Times Forum where the Lightning play; and Ybor City.

Here is another place to check out while in town...

http://www.dunderbaks.com/ (Behind USF on Bruce B. Downs Blvd.)

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Go to Berns if you dont mind spending some cash

• Content Count:  1,079

I've only drank at Ceviche but I enjoyed the atmosphere. I've only heard good things about their food also.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Therea are now 5 Ceviche's.  One in Hyde Park, Sarasota, St. Pete, Clearwater, and Tampa.

It is spanish / Tapas, but everything I have tried there was great.  Great wine list too.  I would recommend it.

If you are looking for other options Berns steakhouse is great.  So is it's sister restaurant Sideberns.  Malios down town is good.  Charley's was good, but I have heard it isn't as good these days.  I don't know as I haven't been in a while.

Good luck, enjoy your time in Tampa (except during the game where I hope you lose badly).  Sorry, couldn't resist.

Archived