• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Winning out will make USF only ranked team in the State of Florida

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  32
  • Days Won:  0

Assuming USC holds on, Florida will get their 4th loss.

UCF lost today so that puts them out of it.

Looks like Clemson is going to give FSU their fourth loss.

Winning out would also mean another loss for Miami.

Being the only ranked team in Florida would definitely provide a big boost for in-state recruiting.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Being the only ranked team in Florida would definitely provide a big boost for in-state recruiting.

No, it wouldn't.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Florida, FSU, and Miami are always gonna get theirs. Winning the Big East and playing in a BCS game will do more for recruiting than being the only Florida team ranked

• Content Count:  640

Florida, FSU, and Miami are always gonna get theirs. Winning the Big East and playing in a BCS game will do more for recruiting than being the only Florida team ranked

+1 unfortunately.

• Content Count:  10,369

I don't think Florida, FSU, and Miami are always going to "get theirs".  Teams come and teams fall.  Now they wont see a huge drop just beacuse they aren't ranked this year or next, but let them become a non-factor for 3 or 4 seasons and they will find their recruiting greatly deteriorated.

Guest nybullsfan

Florida, FSU, and Miami are always gonna get theirs. Winning the Big East and winning in a BCS game will do more for recruiting than being the only Florida team ranked

FIFY

Getting to the game and getting our doors blown off will hurt more than help, IMO.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Which would happen if we win out, and subsequently become the only ranked team in florida.

• Content Count:  521

I think we have proven, along with the lack of success in tallahassee, miami, and gainesville, that the talent difference between us at the other BCS teams in state aren't that vastly different.

at this point, i just want to win, not for recruiting, but for the glory.. i want that Big East title, and I want that BCS game.  I wanna play VaTech in the Orange Bowl

• Content Count:  3,475

It will take way, way, way, way more than one season of 9-4 or 10-3 USF being ranked ahead of the other state schools (if that even happens) for the Bulls to make a dent in UF's recruiting superiority. Anything to the contrary is a laughable suggestion.

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Even if we win out that doesn't ensure we would be the only ranked team in FL. Assuming we beat Miami, FSU, UCF and UF could re-attain a ranking by years end.

BTW, I want to go on record....I don't think we are going to "win out". We just beat Rutgers by 1 point and Louisville by 3 in OT. RIght now....I just want to beat Pitt.

Archived