• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

In Holtz I trust

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

We are getting the wins and that is mostly due to the defense.

I hate when these threads turn into old regime vs new regime conversations 

The truth is the offensive play calling has been very questionable for most of the year. We had 260 yards and about half of those yards came on 2 plays. 2-13 on 3rd down conversions is ridiculous.

Our kick off return game is improved and with Bonani back in there and playing as expected there are some elements of special teams doing better.

Our punt return game, even wit Mitchell is nothing to speak of (with the exception of 1 or 2 decent returns all year). We have still had a lot of boneheaded plays on special teams and punt coverages all year including last week and today which almost cost us in both games.

Wow, special teams is lights out compared to Leavitt years in my opinion, just a couple bad moments.  Holtz took over an O in trouble, and a young D, and we are doing pretty well.  Everyone expected no run game, but it has been good, wait til next year!  Pass game is struggling due to where leavitt left the team.

Exactly why I hate when these turn into old vs new arguments.    Complete revisionist history based on on hatred for Leavitt.  The runnin g game was supposed to be the strength of the team this year because of the returning depth at running back  and the number of experienced OL coming back.  When Leavitt departed Ford and Taylor were still part of the team (more than likely they wouldhave been gone anyway, but they were still here when Leavitt was here)

Pass game struggling because of how Leavitt left it?  Ummm.  Not really. Mitchell was coming back until Leavitt was fired.  Griffin and Love were healthy when Leavitt left.  Not the greatest, but at least we also had Richardson and Samuels at WR.  At least they were scholarship players at their positions.

I will stand by my statement of special teams being better on KR and that's about it.  FG unit cost us the Syracuse game.  Other than a runback or two, Mitchell has done little at PR and punt return team almost cost us last week and again this week. 

The defense is where this team was expected to struggle at the beginning of the year.  Holtz and especially Snyder get big props for the way the defense has been playing.  That is the unit keeping these games close and putting us in a position to win.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Happy with win.  See some positive things.  But how could you have a midseason swoon from 3-2?

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

It's great to have a coach that knows what he is doing. 1 more win and he ties the most Big East wins in our history. This team can actually play on the road. I am excited about our future. Go Bulls, pack Ray Jay on Saturday.

me you and about 5 others new uf could be a player in his sport with a good coach

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Happy with win.  See some positive things.  But how could you have a midseason swoon from 3-2?

LOL ... had the same thought.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

smazza:Quote from: flsportsfan83 on Today at 04:32:55 PMIt's great to have a coach that knows what he is doing. 1 more win and he ties the most Big East wins in our history. This team can actually play on the road. I am excited about our future. Go Bulls, pack Ray Jay on Saturday.me you and about 5 others new uf could be a player in his sport with a good coach

Don't get me wrong, I am ecstatoc with the winning record and the way the team is coming around, but I far from impressed with anything but the defense. Before I feel real positive about the team I want to see us win against a team with a winning record. Win one of the next two and I will feel confident that the team is a good team.

• Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

Hey happy hour *******. You calling me out? You can kiss my green and gold *** you merfur. Next game I will be at the lot two blocks down from himes in back of the ABC station. let;s see you bring your mouth with jackass! Those of you who know me, and just like everyone, i speak my mind. Whether it is good or bad, as this was in my opinion, doesn't warrant calling me out. But if you want to go "hero" lets have it. i will be waiting! >:( I bleed green and gold more than you ever dreamed of. And until the day when and where your happy arsk meets that, then you can call me out. BUT UNTIL THEN, GET OFF YOUR BANDWAGON FAN ***!

Wow, man. Xanax. Really.

Aren't we all fans of the same team? Didn't we just win and become bowl eligible, which seemed not so likely earlier in the season? What's with the venom?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  1,231
  • Days Won:  0

Hey happy hour *******. You calling me out? You can kiss my green and gold *** you merfur. Next game I will be at the lot two blocks down from himes in back of the ABC station. let;s see you bring your mouth with jackass! Those of you who know me, and just like everyone, i speak my mind. Whether it is good or bad, as this was in my opinion, doesn't warrant calling me out. But if you want to go "hero" lets have it. i will be waiting! >:( I bleed green and gold more than you ever dreamed of. And until the day when and where your happy arsk meets that, then you can call me out. BUT UNTIL THEN, GET OFF YOUR BANDWAGON FAN ***!

Wow, man. Xanax. Really.

Aren't we all fans of the same team? Didn't we just win and become bowl eligible, which seemed not so likely earlier in the season? What's with the venom?

I bet it is the beer factor. I could be wrong but......................

• Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

Nope! No beer, no drugs even don't need the Xanax... Just time. My rant did take on some characteristics of a madman, but I was angry with the situation. Even though i still believe Holtz has a lot to prove to me, (JMHO), we are all Bulls. For that, I do appologize to happy hour! we all have opinions, just like arskes. Some good, some bad. So now I offer Happy hour a new challenge... I still want you to come over to our tailgate..(directions already given) and instead of a confrontation, let's have drinkfrontation. I will buy you a beer, sir. Please accept my rantings and appologies from an old Bulls fan of the old regime!    Reaper

Archived