• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

PG prospects considering South Florida

Vega

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

Vega,

So you really think Dority will be here a year from now.  I mean from what I saw I do not see BE talent there unless he improves alot.  Now that could happen but right now he will not cut it.  On a side note, I would like to see burwell in there but until he gets better on the Defensive end, he wil lnot be seeing many minutes

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Vega,

So you really think Dority will be here a year from now.  I mean from what I saw I do not see BE talent there unless he improves alot.  Now that could happen but right now he will not cut it.  On a side note, I would like to see burwell in there but until he gets better on the Defensive end, he wil lnot be seeing many minutes

Well if history holds then it's possible that neither Burwell or Dority could be here. Might depends on who Heath can get in the spring. Eli Carter is a top tier PG prospect that we are in on and somebody has to give up a scholar to get him to USF. We all had been penciling in Gus leaving after the season, but that needs to be put on hold for now, Just have to monitor the situation going into conference play.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Vega,

Too early to speculate on Dority. He's been getting minutes these first two games, and I've actually liked what I've seen from him. At this time last year some folks were speculating that Burwell and/or Noreiga were going to transfer out, and Noreiga has turned out to be a solid contributor. Burwell still remains a bit of a question mark. Regardless, don't count Dority out before he's had more of a chance to show what he's got.

Vega,

Too early to speculate on Dority. He's been getting minutes these first two games, and I've actually liked what I've seen from him. At this time last year some folks were speculating that Burwell and/or Noreiga were going to transfer out, and Noreiga has turned out to be a solid contributor. Burwell still remains a bit of a question mark. Regardless, don't count Dority out before he's had more of a chance to show what he's got.

I hope he gets that chance. I'm not a fan of Crater but he'll play as long as he's healthy. I don't believe Dority is talented enough to lead a good team as a future starter, but I think he can be a 4 year backup type. Of course once again it's going to depend on what or who Heath can get this spring. Right now there are no scholarships available and Heath is actively recruiting PGs and possibly a swing man too.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

Burwell still remains a bit of a question mark.

I'd like to know what the deal is with Burwell. He's been in one shift per game and never heard from again ... Need to pay closer attention IF he gets in again to see what he does or doesn't do.

Burwell still remains a bit of a question mark.

I'd like to know what the deal is with Burwell. He's been in one shift per game and never heard from again ... Need to pay closer attention IF he gets in again to see what he does or doesn't do.

Yeah He and Poland played the best among the Guards in that exhibition game and the two scrimmages according Heath.

• Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

Burwell hasn't played very good defense in the two games.  He really didn't match up very well with those teams.  They had quicker smaller guards, and Robertson plays way better defense against the other teams' 6' 5"/6' 6" guys.  Remember, Robertson was one of the ones in the doghouse for the Eckerd game, so Burwell played minutes that Hugh now takes up.

I am not sure that Burwell can help us much unless he gets very active when we play in the 2-3 zone.  Even then, you have to admit that Robertson and of course Poland look much better than Mike at the wing right now.

Normal

PS - Burwell got yanked when he did not try to stop dribble penetration against St. Francis right after he got in the game and I am not sure he came in again.

N

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

Burwell hasn't played very good defense in the two games.  He really didn't match up very well with those teams.  They had quicker smaller guards, and Robertson plays way better defense against the other teams' 6' 5"/6' 6" guys.  Remember, Robertson was one of the ones in the doghouse for the Eckerd game, so Burwell played minutes that Hugh now takes up.

I am not sure that Burwell can help us much unless he gets very active when we play in the 2-3 zone.  Even then, you have to admit that Robertson and of course Poland look much better than Mike at the wing right now.

Normal

PS - Burwell got yanked when he did not try to stop dribble penetration against St. Francis right after he got in the game and I am not sure he came in again.

N

I should have kept the recorded game but I think Burwell came in because of something boneheaded AC did in the first few minutes but only played a couple of minutes and that was it ...

• Content Count:  247
  • Days Won:  0

Burwell and Noriega came into the game after a couple minutes for Poland and Robertson because they couldn't make post entry passes. After a couple of minutes Poland went back into the game for burwell.

Update on how these guys are doing.

National Prep Showcase event had 6 guys on the rise and Carter and Amayo are two of them

Elijah Carter (Paterson, N.J./Brewster Academy)

2011, PG, 6-foot-1, 170 pounds

The post-graduate combo guard didn't blow anybody away this weekend but was solid and consistent enough to solidify himself as one of the best lead guard prospects left available. He was actually at his best off the ball when sharing the backcourt with Kansas commit Naadir Tharpe (Worcester, Mass./Brewster Academy), but with Kareem Canty (Brooklyn, N.Y./Bridgton Academy) and Kiwi Gardner (Manteca, Calif./Westwind Prep Academy) both eyeing reclassification to 2012, that status quo was enough to send Carter's stock north as the number of alternatives went south.

Kelvin Amayo (Riverside, N.J./Nia Prep)

2011, SF, 6-5, 200 pounds

Although swingmen aren't in quite the demand as bigs and point guards, Amayo still made an impressive case for his recruitment. A power perimeter player who is almost unstoppable running down hill, Amayo is lethal in the open floor. He also produced in the quarter court, using ball screens to get into the paint and then initiating contact and powering through to finish. Although his jumper remains his Achilles heel he made enough of them to keep his defenders honest. Defensively, his power remained a major asset as he was able to body up his man to keep him out of the paint.

http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/story?id=5838090

Archived