• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Josh Grady- Armwood HS

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,594
  • Days Won:  424

Reading today's paper, we were out of the picture the last couple of weeks anyway ...

:link :link :link :link :link :ROFLMAO

Am I the only one who actually reads the hard copy around here??  ..... Sheesh. Now I've got figure out which paper and find it online .... just for you, Mama.   ::)

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2011/feb/02/030602/tough-start-to-signing-day-gives-way-to-joy/

For all the hype National Signing Day has generated in recent years, there was something very genuine about this outcome at Armwood. And nothing exemplified that better than Grady's college decision. He had any number of scholarships to choose from, but Grady remained loyal to his friend and teammate King.

"It (Iowa State's removal of its gray-shirt offer to King) was huge," Grady said. "I've been talking to A.J. the last three weeks and we were like, 'Yeah, we're going to be roommates, we're going to be playing together.' It was like an insurance blanket for me.

"I knew if I went up there and A.J. went up there, it would be OK with me. But having his gray shirt taken away from him, that was heartbreaking for me, let alone him. So I just didn't feel comfortable with that whole situation there."

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Reading today's paper, we were out of the picture the last couple of weeks anyway ...

Am I the only one who actually reads the hard copy around here??  ..... Sheesh. Now I've got figure out which paper and find it online .... just for you, Mama.   ::)

Actually, I was just teasing you about not having a link. Thought you woud realize that since I added :ROFLMAO at the end.

But since you did, I don't see any mention about USF in the article. Assuming your inference is correct, my only question would be whether he notified USF beforehand.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  13
  • Days Won:  0

Mark Chisholm with bigcountypreps.com here. No need for link. Josh didn't want to play anything but QB.

He is not a safety. He is a QB.

His greatest influence, as he mentioned yesterday at Armwood's signing, is Evan Davis (the Hawks OC) who was a QB. I think he did like the idea of going to scholl where his parents did and that USF's training hospital is the very good Tampa General.

BUT, he wasn't goijng to play anything but QB. I think it was a case where as time got closer: he was losing interest and USF was too.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523

Thanks for chiming in Mark.  Anything you can add to our discussion is definitely welcome.  I think we all could see it coming and in the end it wasn't a "fit" for either though it would've been nice to see if he could've followed the route of Nate Allen.  However, being one to play sports myself, I was always a pitcher/2B/SS, so if I could go somewhere they'd let me pitch and play infield, I'd definitely go there vs. a place that only would let me do one of them which is similar to what Josh was looking at.  Didn't care for how he did it publicly, especially seeing it's your parent's alma mater, but it is what it is.  As many have said, we wish him the best of luck and at least can rest easy he's not likely going to pull tons of kids to vandy vs. USF... 

Any 2012 kids you know of who are can't miss types looking at USF???

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Mark Chisholm with bigcountypreps.com here. No need for link. Josh didn't want to play anything but QB.

His greatest influence, as he mentioned yesterday at Armwood's signing, is Evan Davis (the Hawks OC) who was a QB. I think he did like the idea of going to scholl where his parents did and that USF's training hospital is the very good Tampa General.

BUT, he wasn't goijng to play anything but QB. I think it was a case where as time got closer: he was losing interest and USF was too.

You were posting on bcp that u thought he'd go to usf. Haha.

He's a safety that we wanted cuz he's smart and has some influence. He will get moved at vandy. Matter of time.Vanderbilt is a perennial loser.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

No disrespect to the kid of course. That's just my opinion. I wish we coulda grabbed him but it didn't work out.

Actually, I was just teasing you about not having a link. Thought you woud realize that since I added :ROFLMAO at the end.

But since you did, I don't see any mention about USF in the article. Assuming your inference is correct, my only question would be whether he notified USF beforehand.

According to what he's saying there, for the last 3 weeks he was going to Iowa State with King until they pulled the plug on AJ and wasn't Skip out there just last week?

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I applaud the kid for making the right choice for him.  Gets to be QB and gets very high quality education.  Tim Olmstead transferred from Florida to Vandy and is a good family friend.  Unfortunately he was never able to be their starter but he did get a quality education.

He's a kid so I'll give him a pass on playing loose with the USF fans.  Good luck to him.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  13

You were posting on bcp that u thought he'd go to usf. Haha.

He's a safety that we wanted cuz he's smart and has some influence. He will get moved at vandy. Matter of time.Vanderbilt is a perennial loser.

You sir are mistaken. Please pull that post up and post it here with the date. Did I say it in Dec!? Personally I like Josh. But his strengths on a football field make him a QB. Or if I conceded any other position: somewhere on offense, not defense. He isn't Nate Allen.

It has been clear for well over a week that Josh was going through the motions with USF. His chat on that other board made it painfully clear.