• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Josh Grady- Armwood HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

is this the longest thread there's been for a recruit? this is ridiculous

It's going to be even better to have this many pages of a thread devoted to a guy we probably won't get.

that's what I was thinking  :P

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I'm no psychologist, but I would think that a person like Grady who was the big man on campus as a QB and who seems to crave attention, would find it hard to accept taking a backseat role as a DB at USF. My gut tells me he wants to run the show, just like Blackwell and Grothe. So, I don't blame him if he goes elsewhere to pursue that dream. 

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I'm no psychologist, but I would think that a person like Grady who was the big man on campus as a QB and who seems to crave attention, would find it hard to accept taking a backseat role as a DB at USF. My gut tells me he wants to run the show, just like Blackwell and Grothe. So, I don't blame him if he goes elsewhere to pursue that dream. 

Yet you're hanging on his every word.  :D

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

Goes to show you the craziness that the coaches go through trying to get these kids signed.  One thing is for sure, it's not doing him any favors playing it this way with anyone.  Imagine if he hasn't told the school he's choosing and they end up saying, "Screw it, we'll take plan B who we KNOW wants to be here" and that takes the last schollie thus closes the door to the school he wanted all along?

In my opinion, he's already finalized it with someone as that's too much of a risk this close to signing day.  The risk only grows each day from here as coaches don't want this dragging out.  If he was someone seen as a top 5 recruit in the COUNTRY, schools would be more apt to wait it out as the alternative in their OPINION is enough of a drop off they're willing to take the risk.  When you are a 3 star recruit, you don't have that leverage so if there's a school he actually likes, he'll be signing tomorrow.  If not, he could really mess up and be forced to go to his 3rd or 4th option if the first two decide to move on...

Yet you're hanging on his every word.  :D

Makes for interesting reading.

I really don't expect he would be a great player for USF.

Goes to show you the craziness that the coaches go through trying to get these kids signed.  One thing is for sure, it's not doing him any favors playing it this way with anyone.  Imagine if he hasn't told the school he's choosing and they end up saying, "Screw it, we'll take plan B who we KNOW wants to be here" and that takes the last schollie thus closes the door to the school he wanted all along?

In my opinion, he's already finalized it with someone as that's too much of a risk this close to signing day.  The risk only grows each day from here as coaches don't want this dragging out.  If he was someone seen as a top 5 recruit in the COUNTRY, schools would be more apt to wait it out as the alternative in their OPINION is enough of a drop off they're willing to take the risk.  When you are a 3 star recruit, you don't have that leverage so if there's a school he actually likes, he'll be signing tomorrow.  If not, he could really mess up and be forced to go to his 3rd or 4th option if the first two decide to move on...

Don't tell Grady, but ESPN only has him with two stars.  :D

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

If he were not local, he would be an anonymous hs qb that we were taking as a safety project.  It also helps that our class is left without much 11th hour excitement

IMO, a kid this soft and aloof may not have what it takes to lay a hit on a 230 lb bcs-level running back

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

But best luck to him whatever he chooses

Grady must be driving his parents nuts.

Joshua JStat Grady

I Just Wish My Parents Could Be Happy For Me

2 hours ago via Mobile Web

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,575
  • Days Won:  423

IMO, a kid this soft and aloof may not have what it takes to lay a hit on a 230 lb bcs-level running back

Based on what?