• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

There's Some Interesting Posts On Rutgers "Grease Truck" Forum...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  174
  • Days Won:  0

There's others to read I figured I'd post one.... ;)

rc95 wrote: I think USF's defense holds Cincy within striking distance, but I've come to believe that Leavitt's DNA is going to be all over that team for a while. Basically until they find a QB to displace Daniels.   

Yeah, but besides playing wildly undisciplined, that DNA included the ability to win big games.  Including road games.  That was classic USF on Friday night.  Looking like superman and making you wonder how they lost the games they did.  The Bulls took control of that game early and just didn't give it up.  And Cincinnati continues its puzzling display.

http://thegreasetruck.yuku.com/reply/76626/t/Swami-Sez.html#reply-76626

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

There is an off the field board to discuss leavitt and his philosophy.

I think everyone is trying to move past that situation and focus on this years team/staff rather than trying to compare to leavitts teams.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I don't agree with the comment about Coach leavitt's "DNA" still being all over this team. We have seen some drastic changes with Coach Holtz and his staff.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

Here's how stupid Rutgers fans are:

That wasn't a literal prediction Swami - just a comment that it would fit the pattern of the last couple of seasons.

2009: After losing to Cincy and Pitt back-to-back, USF upset West Virginia on a Friday night game to turn their season around - then game to Piscataway and got run over, 31-0.

In 2008 they were already sliding and Rutgers was streaking when they played - but Rutgers flattened them.

In 2007 USF was 6-0 and ranked (I think) #2 when they came to Piscataway and lost.

It's a pattern alright ... a bizarro pattern based on previous years:

Losing our early big ooc game

Losing to Syracuse

Losing to WVU

Beating Cincy

Natural progression in that pattern is to beat Rutgers.

• Content Count:  148

This is wishful thinking by a few RU fans!  They really just need JL DNA in order to not lose sleep over this.  Reality is this team is nothing like a JL team; way, way fewer penalties, kick off and punt returns that don't always come back for an illegal block and having a lead and a win @ Nippert.  This is nothing like a JL team. 

• Content Count:  7,780

I don't agree with the comment about Coach leavitt's "DNA" still being all over this team. We have seen some drastic changes with Coach Holtz and his staff.

How can it not?  He was just fired and this is Skips first year and first full recruiting class.  Agree on the drastic changes, but of course there is still mending to be made.  

• Content Count:  10,565

How can it not?  He was just fired and this is Skips first year and first full recruiting class.  Agree on the drastic changes, but of course there is still mending to be made.  

Because of the drastic changes. Yes, they are Coach Leavitt's players for the most part, but we have taken a new life as a team that is not trying to run much of a spread offense and one that has become more disciplined on both sides of the ball and in special teams. That's new DNA to me.

• Content Count:  4,642

look at how much Daniels has changed so far (assuming he can keep it up) and tell me that DNA can't be changed from player to player.

Archived