• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fair Weather Ciueless Fans

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Sorry, I have a hard time taking criticism about my understanding of football from someone who's extent of knowledge comes from a video game.

This board allows conversation about our favorite team at all levels, and where I get frustrated at fan reactions, I do also see at least people who come here are here for the Bulls.

BTW, if you ever want to line up in a three point stance to discuss this like players, Lot 3 baby.....

And your knowledge comes from where? Watching Jimmy Johnson on Sunday morning? I'll put my knowledge of football, which I have discussed with former NFL players, up against yours any day.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Sorry, I have a hard time taking criticism about my understanding of football from someone who's extent of knowledge comes from a video game.

This board allows conversation about our favorite team at all levels, and where I get frustrated at fan reactions, I do also see at least people who come here are here for the Bulls.

BTW, if you ever want to line up in a three point stance to discuss this like players, Lot 3 baby.....

And your knowledge comes from where? Watching Jimmy Johnson on Sunday morning? I'll put my knowledge of football, which I have discussed with former NFL players, up against yours any day.

Jimmie Johnson?!? Sunday Morning? NFL Players? Is this the USF board or did it turn into an NFL board and I missed it?

FYI, if you have EVER played a video game.....odds are you aren't old enough to be comparing your "football Knowledge" to some of these old timers.

Jimmie Johnson?!? Sunday Morning? NFL Players? Is this the USF board or did it turn into an NFL board and I missed it?

FYI, if you have EVER played a video game.....odds are you aren't old enough to be comparing your "football Knowledge" to some of these old timers.

Really? Most NFL and college players play video games. Coaching staff play video games.  I was alive when Super Bowl 1 was played. Am I old enough? And there are 11 year olds who play video games that know more about blitz packages, matching schemes with player ability and zone vs man vs tampa 2 vs cover 4 then most of you old timers do. If you are too old for video games, technology has passed you by and you are a dinosaur. You should play a video game and learn something.

Read clueless ones.

Game Changers: How Videogames Trained a Generation of Athletes

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2010/01/ff_gamechanger/all/1

"If you’re, say, an All-American quarterback at a top college program, odds are that you’ve been training on a very sophisticated, off-the-shelf simulator — a cross between a football tutorial and a real-time documentary, drizzled with addictive Skinnerian action-reward mechanics — for as long as you can remember. The many hundreds — even thousands — of hours that athletes put into videogame football give them more game experience (and, as Stokley demonstrated, sometimes more game awareness) than Bart Starr, Terry Bradshaw, or Joe Montana were able to log in previous eras. And there’s the possibility, too, that all this electronic play is changing the structure of their brains, at least in some ways, for the better.

For more than 30 years, sports videogames have been focused on simulating real-life athletics more and more perfectly. But over the past decade, games have moved beyond just imitating the action on the field. Now they’re changing it."

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

the funny thing is... everyone who was criticizing BJ and the coaching staff were right...

BJ played HORRIBLE the past two BE games and really cost this team...

when it all boils down the coaching staff is the crew responsible for what happens on the field...

all criticism was warranted... BJ played a huge game and is working to silence the critics.

I agree with this response.

And I'll add, when we lost to Syracuse, it was probably one of the worst losses we could imagine.  That game was awful.  So a melt down was in order.

Wishy washy nothing.  I still don't expect much this year.   But am glad we seemed to get some offense going .

the funny thing is... everyone who was criticizing BJ and the coaching staff were right...

when it all boils down the coaching staff is the crew responsible for what happens on the field...

all criticism was warranted... BJ played a huge game and is working to silence the critics.

And I'll add, when we lost to Syracuse, it was probably one of the worst losses we could imagine.  That game was awful.  So a melt down was in order.

Wishy washy nothing.  I still don't expect much this year.   But am glad we seemed to get some offense going .

You do realize that Syracuse beat WVU, right? I posted that this is not the same Syracause and was scoffed at. When they win the Big East in 2 years, I'll point you all back to these threads.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

You do realize that Syracuse beat WVU, right? I posted that this is not the same Syracause and was scoffed at. When they win the Big East in 2 years, I'll point you all back to these threads.

I had a long reply written, but never mind. Slick, your knowledge surpasses ours, please accept our apologies for doubting you. We are off for like 10 more days, can you run some simulations and tell us how the Rutgers game comes out so that we do not have to anticipate it. If we're going to lose, I will bring and extra 12 pack so that I am good and toasted by the time the game starts.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Slick.... had you not come rolling in with the holier than thou attitude in your OP this thread might not have gotten out of control. In no way am I agreeing with your point.... but if you hadn't come in like a 3 year old that just had his Tonka Truck taken away you might have had a chance... just sayin  ::)

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

We're 612904

I had a long reply written, but never mind. Slick, your knowledge surpasses ours, please accept our apologies for doubting you. We are off for like 10 more days, can you run some simulations and tell us how the Rutgers game comes out so that we do not have to anticipate it. If we're going to lose, I will bring and extra 12 pack so that I am good and toasted by the time the game starts.

First off, yeah, I get it. I love sarcasm.

Simulations are only as accurate as the AI and player ratings. Neither are good enough to do that off the shelf along with the intangibles of football. XOS technology is what many of the top programs are using and parts of it look pretty much like NCAA 11.

XOS uses many of the features of Madden and NCAA and actually teamed with EA Sports to make parts of their sim software. HS player scouting is in NCAA as well as team scouting in Madden. Its all discussed as being in the software here, as well as designing plays.

Michigan St. LB coach talking about the software that does what NCAA and Madden has done for years. Brian Kelly, LSU, Texas, Mich St. NY Giants. among the colleges using this video game type software.

http://www.youtube.com/user/XOS2008#p/u/4/Nx6s7PIoRnM

http://www.youtube.com/user/XOS2008#p/u/2/hJB1f7fiFyE

http://www.youtube.com/user/XOS2008#p/u/3/yKg_nRk1-WU

Slick.... had you not come rolling in with the holier than thou attitude in your OP this thread might not have gotten out of control. In no way am I agreeing with your point.... but if you hadn't come in like a 3 year old that just had his Tonka Truck taken away you might have had a chance... just sayin  ::)

Just sayin? I'm just sayin I'm tired of people who ask dumb@ss questions like why can't BJ move the ball when a 14 year old knows its a new system with crap WRs. Just sayn' asking for him to be replaced and Holtz is over his head is to ignore history of both USF and college football in general. Just sayn'. But since you in no way agree with that, you must think these comments and demands come from people who make Gruden and Madden look like coaches not worthy of coaching little league, much less teams to Super Bowl wins. Just sayn'.

Archived