• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rashawn Scott WR- Melbourne Central Catholic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

We're sensitive and you go on to write a 2000 word post about a kid's talents being diminished?

This kid knows he doesn't play the best athletes around and that the competition will be much superior if he comes here. That's a given. If he and the coaches are confident he'll produce against a higher level he'll go to a good program.

There's nothing wrong with saying he plays against lesser competition when he just does. Terrelle Pryor didn't play the best competition in high school and he was the #1 recruit in the country and is a Heisman candidate. I don't think he let the fact that he out athleted those kids in high school do anything to his status. This kid doesn't have to either.

Nonetheless, he does play against "crap athletes" right now and he may not be in as good of a position to succeed against better competition. Or, he could be great. I'm stating the obvious here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Why no press on Rashawn for the last couple of months. I am not hearing anything from GA either. Anybody know where we sit with Scott?

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Ah there he is. Hope we got him set up to come in this weekend.

via twitter

j_wells247 Justin Wells

Melbourne Central Catholic WR Rashawn Scott told me today that #WVU and #USF have visited him this week. Late sleeper to watch

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

via twitter

j_wells247 Justin Wells

Melbourne Central Catholic WR Rashawn Scott told me today that #WVU and #USF have visited him this week. Late sleeper to watch

He's raw but I've heard names like antonio freeman, chris henry in their college days when describing the potential they see in him in college.  Tall with good speed, hands, and gangly but uses his body well. 

The comp level scared USF off at first, but a second wave of vid, and Coach Phil watching him more overcame that.

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

via twitter

j_wells247 Justin Wells

He's raw but I've heard names like antonio freeman, chris henry in their college days when describing the potential they see in him in college.  Tall with good speed, hands, and gangly but uses his body well. 

The comp level scared USF off at first, but a second wave of vid, and Coach Phil watching him more overcame that.

He looks like a Giant among smurfs on film. Completely dominates. I would be ecstatic if we landed Rashawn and Andre Davis. We need Big posession recievers, I think we have the speed reciever/RB type covered pretty well.

via twitter

j_wells247 Justin Wells

He looks like a Giant among smurfs on film. Completely dominates. I would be ecstatic if we landed Rashawn and Andre Davis. We need Big posession recievers, I think we have the speed reciever/RB type covered pretty well.

Do not under-estimate Scott's speed.  He's got the ability to be a deep burner with size for us ala Carlton Mitchell.  Davis is more of your prototypical possession types.

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

via twitter

j_wells247 Justin Wells

Do not under-estimate Scott's speed.  He's got the ability to be a deep burner with size for us ala Carlton Mitchell.  Davis is more of your prototypical possession types.

He's a long strider, thats for sure. I guess my point was 6'2" 198lbs is a big target.

he is a big target and it is refreshing to find one with both trait.  The biggest question by the staff was how good was he, and how fast was he since he played 1A so he might have faced 2 guys all year on any team that were even equal to him in size and/or speed...if that on the Space Coast.  I mean Rashawn had out of this world stats this year, he played QB, and played RB, and WR so his stats were all over the board.  He ran for 1000, received for 1000.  People never knew what to make of this kid...it was always to easy for him and he dominated in all sports for MCC.  And a lot of the big schools that stopped by to see him play in the beginning of the season saw him playing QB in the first 4 games, including his team's game against Chevelle Buie and Cocoa...so the prevailing opinion by some schools that stopped by like RU, Auburn, UGA, and FSU was to be continued...USF too.  But USF made other stops by to see him, and Coach Phil examined more tape, heard about a myth that he can run a sub 4.4...and they decided to jump hard after this kid.

I'd say right now he's our #1 receiving target, and will be the hardest to land as Illini, MSU, Ole Piss, and WVU all like him, and inevitably if a big school faulters at WR in the last minute this kid could get a call.  A real top flight sleeper in my book and the vid's, though against mighty mites compared to him, shows a physical specimen that exudes his will on his opponents any way he wants with physicality, with speed, or with moves.  He dominated equally at WR, QB, RB, and DB. 

• Content Count:  171

Will Scott be visiting this weekend?

Archived