• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rashawn Scott WR- Melbourne Central Catholic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Not sure I like the way this sounds, he is awfully enthusiastic in his comments about WVU. I hope he thinks about those long wet cold winters in the hills of West Virginia as opposed to sunny winter breezes in Tampa. Not to mention the coeds at USF. WVU can't touch us. Potential playing time swings clearly in our favor too. He would be on the field as fast as he could learn the playbook, he will not be one of the "Misfit Toys".

Big East battle for Florida wide receiver

Josh Newberg, Staff Writer

2 hours ago

Wide receiver Rashawn Scott from Melbourne (Fla.) Central Catholic told 247Sports he has set his first official visit.

“I’m going to West Virginia on Dec. 5,†Scott said. “I’m probably going to visit Michigan State and USF, but I still need to set those up.â€

Scott, who is 6-foot-2 and weighs 200 pounds, says two teams stand out for him.

“Coach Lockwood from West Virginia and Coach Vass from USF have been by to see me practice, " he said. "I’d say those two schools are recruiting me the hardest right now.â€

On Saturdays, Scott spends his spare time evaluating the teams that are recruiting him.

“I try to find an offense that fits me," he said. "Michigan State throws it a decent amount, but West Virginia throws it all the time. They got a lot of guys from Florida on their team, too.â€

Scott says he will make his decision late in January or on National Signing Day

http://footballrecruiting.247sports.com/Article/Big-East-battle-for-Florida-WR-4080

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Seriously, all these FL boys going to WVU are just crazy.

I hope we can get this guy, or any legit WR for that matter.

Though, I don't expect them to make much difference as true freshman next year. Like we only have Bogan this year we'll probably only have Griffin next year. Downgrade in the short term until Griffin proves he can be better and the others around him mature.

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I agree, it's frustrating losing quality FL players to West Virginia and Louisville. Hopefully we do land this stud WR, but if we don't, we are still in the running for Eli Rogers, Devin Clarke, Andre Davis, Curtric Evans and Bryan Holmes, who are all rated higher than Scott.

I agree, it's frustrating losing quality FL players to West Virginia and Louisville. Hopefully we do land this stud WR, but if we don't, we are still in the running for Eli Rogers, Devin Clarke, Andre Davis, Curtric Evans and Bryan Holmes, who are all rated higher than Scott.

As I think we all know the ratings are kaka, They may be a good general guide but in watching this guys film I fell in love with him. He is physical, big and runs with the rock after the catch. He will play anywhere he is needed and I think the main reason he doesn't have the big rankings is because of where he goes to school and who his team plays. We have a Real need for a BIG WR and he definitely fits that mold. If he RSs he will be 6'3" and 215 when he gets on the field. He has a big frame and some growing to do. He is bigger than Bogan already and runs 4.45. Not to put any of that other talent down, but I think Rashawn is a huge get if we can bring him on board.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Rashawn would be a good get.  Question is how his abilities will show when he's no longer playing 1-A football.

Rashawn would be a good get.  Question is how his abilities will show when he's no longer playing 1-A football.

I think he's fine. Competition doesn't create size and speed and he really looks like a gamer. I love his moves with the football, thats almost an instinctual thing, but it makes for a great receiver, returner runner. I am not worried about how he rises to the challenge of bigger, faster, more skilled defense.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

We could definitely use another WR.  Lets hope it snows on his visit.

Sanjay . I'm just wondering, when you give a wedding toast, do you say "well she's a really nice girl, but she may cheat on him someday"?  :-\

I think he's fine. Competition doesn't create size and speed and he really looks like a gamer. I love his moves with the football, thats almost an instinctual thing, but it makes for a great receiver, returner runner. I am not worried about how he rises to the challenge of bigger, faster, more skilled defense.

Competition, or lack of it, may create bad habits both on and off the field.  Will a kid work hard enough for the step up in competition?  Will he realize that you will not be able to simply out-athlete 90% of the kids on the field.  You never know that about a kid until he shows up on campus and starts in the weight room and practice.

Sanjay . I'm just wondering, when you give a wedding toast, do you say "well she's a really nice girl, but she may cheat on him someday"?  :-\

Having just given a wedding toast on Sunday, I can answer that and say no.

To the extent that you're analogizing to recruiting, I am looking at the whole picture.  I already said rashawn would be a good get, but there are some questions.

Archived