• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Eli Rogers- WR- Miami Northwestern

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Rogers has decommitted from UM.He is a smallish but quick and a very polished receiver. His #2 team listed on ESPN is USF(behind UM).  Josh says USF will make a push for him.

Rated:

Scout 3 stars #63 WR

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=4771416

Rivals- 3 stars #65 WR

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/football/recruiting/player-Eli-Rogers-101713

ESPN- 4 Stars #20 WR

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-football/recruiting/player?id=97813&_slug_=eli-rogers&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fcollege-football%2frecruiting%2fplayer%3fid%3d97813%26_slug_%3deli-rogers

Rogers de-commits, Bridgewater considering options

by: Steve Gorten

October 17th, 2010 | 3:59 PM

Meanwhile, Bridgewater’s teammate, WR Eli Rogers, told Canesport.com on Sunday that he de-committed from the ‘Canes last week. (Update: I’ve been told there’s more to the Rogers situation; that the ‘Canes had already starting backing off on Rogers because they have concerns about his character)

Rogers told Canesport he decided to decommit “just because of everything in total how the season’s going,†and specifically “in terms of how the offense is looking.â€

He also said he’s willing to listen to any interested schools and that UM coaches are aware of his decommitment.

“They said they can understand my reasoning and that they’re still recruiting me and still see me the same,†said Rogers, who expects to play this week despite a sprained foot. “I told them I just want to open back up my options and they said they’re cool with it.â€

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_college_hurricanes/2010/10/um-commit-bridgewater-considering-options.html

via twitter

Josh Newberg

Expect USF to make a strong push for former UM commit Eli Rogers, WR Miami Northwestern.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh one more thing his rating on ESPN is an 80 which would make him the highest rated player committed in this years class if he were to commit.

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

So this kid decommits from Miami because he doesnt like how their offense or how their season is going? Why would he even look at us then?

Because perhaps unlike the negativity here, he might be able to divine that USF is a program on the rise. It's a shame that every post here gets filled with comments like that which don't constructively contribute to our recruiting efforts. Imagine a recruit who logs on here to look at what is being said about him and that's the 1st comment. If we can't change the attitude of our supporters we might actually be able to run this program into the ground. It isn't there yet. I actually hear more great things about our program from some at other schools than I do here, at USF's primary Prospects and Recruits web site. If there was one place we wanted to stay positive I would think it would be here.

• Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

Thanks for the info Bill.  I agree it would be great to land this guy...obviously he would have a great opportunity for pt here, which is a positive.

• Content Count:  1,757

Bill I am siting his reason for leaving, which is that Miami's offense and team is struggling. He said nothing about goingsomewhere he thinks he could play immediately. I would love to have the kid, but his statement does not bode well for us

• Content Count:  763

ESPN Insider is saying that Miami simply cooled off on recruiting this kid whereas Rogers is playing the Miami losing/struggling O card. I could care less on what the truth actually is and would love to have Eli play for USF.

Bill I am siting his reason for leaving, which is that Miami's offense and team is struggling. He said nothing about goingsomewhere he thinks he could play immediately. I would love to have the kid, but his statement does not bode well for us

There is surely more to this than meets the eye(always is), but Josh seems to think we have a shot and I expect he knows more about this than we do right now as well. Eli is playing hurt and trying to help his team, which is a pretty positive recommendation to me. Oh and the quotes from his don't disparage Miami's offense or season, they just say "how the season’s going" and "in terms of how the offense is looking". He might actually be referring to playing time in those comments as he reevaluates his early commitment.

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Where is Bridgewater going?  Could they be a package deal?

• Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

ESPN Insider is saying that Miami simply cooled off on recruiting this kid whereas Rogers is playing the Miami losing/struggling O card. I could care less on what the truth actually is and would love to have Eli play for USF.

::) Same thing was said about Chandler last year

Archived