• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls in NFL 10/17/2010

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

Not really a thread for as good as some have played so far(Nate Allen) but this is the second time the announcer for the Rams/Chargers game has said "Great play by Jerome Murphy the rookie out of Florida State" >:(

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Really?

Sad about the incorrect FSU reference.

But glad to hear Murphy making plays at the highest level after the nutjobs here, as part of their perpetual rain of negativity, skewered him most all of last season.

• Content Count:  470
  • Days Won:  0

Really?

Sad about the incorrect FSU reference.

But glad to hear Murphy making plays at the highest level after the nutjobs here, as part of their perpetual rain of negativity, skewered him most all of last season.

While many here have convinced me that they are, indeed, nutty, there was nothing unreasonable about skewering Jerome Murphy last year; he wasn't very good.

That being said, it was obvious that the potential was always there.  Why it wasn't exercised to its fullest while here is a subject of some debate but, nonetheless, Murphy was clearly drafted based on that potential and less so because of his performance.

So while I laud Murphy's professional success, in doing so, I do not see the point in taking a jab at posters here that pointed out his faults during the course of his collegiate play.

Meanwhile, Nate Allen is doing everything I expected of him (and so much more) for my Eagles!!

Whereas those posters criticized Murphy by name and certainly insulted the student-athlete among others, they have not been called out by name here.  He made many good plays too.  But we were at a point where it was easier to toss negatives at Murphy and many others.  The point being, I guess, is Jerome isn't too worried about TBP criticism.  Good for him.  Those that said he was a talentless hack, are hopefully reconsidering. 

• Content Count:  8,174

Whereas those posters criticized Murphy by name and certainly insulted the student-athlete among others, they have not been called out by name here.  He made many good plays too.  But we were at a point where it was easier to toss negatives at Murphy and many others.  The point being, I guess, is Jerome isn't too worried about TBP criticism.  Good for him.  Those that said he was a talentless hack, are hopefully reconsidering. 

Murphy was never phased by criticism on this board.

He made some bad plays and some boneheaded penalties but it was obvious the amount of talent he had. Plus his size at corner is a huge plus.

I don't like cheering for my Fantasy Football receiver Randy Moss when Mike Jenkins is on him. 

• Content Count:  8,174

I don't like cheering for my Fantasy Football receiver Randy Moss when Mike Jenkins is on him. 

I have moss too

Equally upset about that miss in the EZ I guess.  Moss should have caught it and it wasn't with Jenkins there...he was on other side.  Would have been nice TD.

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

dunno if u guys saw this "Detroit Lions linebacker Zack Follett was also carted off the field after being hit hard on a kick return in Sunday's game against the New York Giants.

The Giants' Jason Pierre-Paul delivered a helmet-to-helmet hit and Follett dropped to the ground. Play was halted as Follett lay on the turf and players from each team took a knee."

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

I have Randy Moss and Roy Williams both starting lol.

Archived