• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Men's Basketball Practice Begins

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

^^^^ So true. There are a lot more people on campus this year and I think that will definitely factor in. But because of so many students, GIVEAWAYS, GIVEAWAYS, GIVEAWAYS, GIVEAWAYS!!!

Free stuff gets college students.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,390

^^^^ So true. There are a lot more people on campus this year and I think that will definitely factor in. But because of so many students, GIVEAWAYS, GIVEAWAYS, GIVEAWAYS, GIVEAWAYS!!!

Free stuff gets college students.

UCF gives away special "Knightmare" student section t-shirts at the beginning of the year and that's normally a huge success.

And I think they need to redo the student section. It doesn't really work how it's broken up the way it is. I wonder if they'll do the all you can eat buffet section that drew so much conversation last year  :P

• Content Count:  2,478

But as I said earlier, I had heard rumors of how there was going to be a Green/Gold game for the MBB team to replace a midnight madness event, then after that they were going to play the USF Cinci game on the big screens in the Sun Dome....

Does anyone have anymore info on this, because if it happens I have to take off of work.

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

What I don't understand is that the basketball facility (Sundome) is on campus and attendance is low.  The athletic department needs to reach out to the students on campus to attend games and the students need to realize that attending basketball games and supporting the team is an integral part of college life.  The students get it for football. 

This. It's not like they have to sell out the Dome every night, but 7000 is very attainable with proper marketing to cover Students & Tampa at large.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

What I don't understand is that the basketball facility (Sundome) is on campus and attendance is low.  The athletic department needs to reach out to the students on campus to attend games and the students need to realize that attending basketball games and supporting the team is an integral part of college life.  The students get it for football. 

This. It's not like they have to sell out the Dome every night, but 7000 is very attainable with proper marketing to cover Students & Tampa at large.

Yep, students are the key ... I don't get it. They get in free ... Usually there are promotions ... One thing that has to be figured out is how to get them back next to the band behind the basket.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,698
  • Days Won:  108

Yep, students are the key ... I don't get it. They get in free ... Usually there are promotions ... One thing that has to be figured out is how to get them back next to the band behind the basket.

Cabana seats are back so it won't be this year.

• Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

Cabana seats are back so it won't be this year.

01e86b401205.jpg

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Student support could be better, but I don't think it's the problem. The issue is getting the average Tampa sports fan to plunk down some money to watch the Basketbulls. It's not as easy as a sell as it is with football. I love going to the games and have a great time cheering on our squad.

• Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Student support could be better, but I don't think it's the problem. The issue is getting the average Tampa sports fan to plunk down some money to watch the Basketbulls. It's not as easy as a sell as it is with football. I love going to the games and have a great time cheering on our squad.

I don't think you'll ever get the support from the average Tampa sport fan... this isn't a basketball town. I was raised in NC so I'm a college basketball nut... that being said, I went to a couple of games in the Sun Dome and honestly it's not worth my money... there isn't a good enough product on the floor to warrant standing all game and the seats are ridiculously uncomfortable. The place is dingy and old. It's much easier to sit on my couch and watch it on the HDTV.

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

I'm a senior now at USF and started going to USF sophomore year and didnt go to ONE basketball game that year. None of my main group of friends ever wanted to go. Then last year, I went to the exhibition game vs Florida Southern and then went to every home game I could after. Although I still could rarely get some of my friends to go. I don't know what it is that they didn't appreciate about our team. Athletics offers free food every 3 or 4 games but still can't get many people. They might just need to offer free food more frequently or have raffles at games. I am going to try harder to get more people to go that I know, but I don't think will help much. I know I'll be there at exhibition vs Eckerd but only for 1st half because I need to watch my Texans play the Colts on MNF, lol

Archived