• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Men's Basketball Practice Begins

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Student support could be better, but I don't think it's the problem. The issue is getting the average Tampa sports fan to plunk down some money to watch the Basketbulls. It's not as easy as a sell as it is with football. I love going to the games and have a great time cheering on our squad.

I don't think you'll ever get the support from the average Tampa sport fan... this isn't a basketball town. I was raised in NC so I'm a college basketball nut... that being said, I went to a couple of games in the Sun Dome and honestly it's not worth my money... there isn't a good enough product on the floor to warrant standing all game and the seats are ridiculously uncomfortable. The place is dingy and old. It's much easier to sit on my couch and watch it on the HDTV.

You're proving my point. You're a bit more of an ardent USF fan, since you're posting on the message board, and a self-professed college basketball nut. Yet, the few times you've been to games, you found it wasn't worth your money. I'm sure a lot of other USF fans think the same way. So if we can't even tap USF fans, getting the average Tampa sports fan to attend is an even bigger uphill battle.

I love college basketball, and I find the experience at the USF basketball games to be fun. I get my money's worth in watching some great college basketball. Unfortunately, USF has been on a losing end of a lot of Big East games.  I just wish more people would see attending USF basketball games as an investment rather than paying for a crappy product. The optimist in me considers USF basketball to be an evolving product with lots of potential. I understand that changing folks' thinking overnight is a bit much to ask for, but winning cures all. Go Bulls!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived