• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gunsby or Eveld?

?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

If the coaches believed in either of these guys why are we going after 3 QBs in this recruiting class?

Please read your question and think about it.

You can never have too many QBs. The QB is usually one of the most athletic guys you can have. Gunsby and BJ could probably make the transition to WR pretty easily. Landi did. Nate Allen was a HS QB, he is slightly above average on defense. Amarri Jackson was a QB.

In light of the current QB situation, I would think that it is very obvious that you never want to be in a situation where your RS sophomore is the only QB that you have with any experience. It doesn't really say anything about Gunsby or Eveld, just the situation in general.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

If you have confidence in the backups you do not go out and get 3 more which means that you end up with 5 QBs on scholarship.  Not when this team has the offensive needs it does.

• Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

If you have confidence in the backups you do not go out and get 3 more which means that you end up with 5 QBs on scholarship.  Not when this team has the offensive needs it does.

Agreed. I think one of the QBs we are recruiting is the answer whether its one we have committed already or Brissett. I don't think either of these two we have here are the answer at all short or long term.

• Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

If the coaches believed in either of these guys why are we going after 3 QBs in this recruiting class?

Please read your question and think about it.

You can never have too many QBs. The QB is usually one of the most athletic guys you can have. Gunsby and BJ could probably make the transition to WR pretty easily. Landi did. Nate Allen was a HS QB, he is slightly above average on defense. Amarri Jackson was a QB.

In light of the current QB situation, I would think that it is very obvious that you never want to be in a situation where your RS sophomore is the only QB that you have with any experience. It doesn't really say anything about Gunsby or Eveld, just the situation in general.

Eveld, Floyd, and Weatherford are not the type of athletes capable of playing other positions in FBS.  Brissett is capable but not willing.  That is a world of difference from Allen and Jackson ( who was a community college bball transfer anyway ), who weren't brought in to play QB.  If thats what we were talking about I would have said we are after 4 to include Josh Grady.

Archived