• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What happened to the offense from Florida?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Granted we weren't that good, but we atleast moved the ball and scored TD's.  Skip needs to do something.  BJ is not a threat with his arm, he's a threat to run.  Run him around adn get the defense on there heels.  Dropping BJ back scares no one.

Either run him around and have some designed runs, or bring in the GUNS!

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

In BJ's worst passing game ever? They just let us run until they got into a spot where we had to throw...game over.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I'm not actually sure why we started taking shots down the field.  I don't think any of the runs were getting stuffed repeatedly (except for the BJ designed draws).

Hopefully we stick with screens, up the gut runs, read option, and the option from here on out.  Maybe a few out routes to Bogan (only if he's open and BJ's not scrambling).

We don't have the speed at WR this year for BJ to be lobbing the ball around when he scrambles.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

In BJ's worst passing game ever? They just let us run until they got into a spot where we had to throw...game over.

Put Bogan and Griffin in that game and it could've been different.

• Content Count:  971
  • Days Won:  0

Early in the season opponents weren't sure of the best way to defend us.  Now the whole world knows.  GB!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

Early in the season opponents weren't sure of the best way to defend us.  Now the whole world knows.  GB!

Yeah, but we have a secret weapon ... Remember back when Skip explained how he'd look at our offense, figure out how he'd defend it and then rework the offense to overcome that defense. My prediction of winning @ L'ville, beating Rutgers and Cincy, winning the BE is almost a lock.  8-)

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Granted we weren't that good, but we atleast moved the ball and scored TD's.  Skip needs to do something.  BJ is not a threat with his arm, he's a threat to run.  Run him around adn get the defense on there heels.  Dropping BJ back scares no one.

Either run him around and have some designed runs, or bring in the GUNS!

what is holtz to do

fans need to be patient

3 year program

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

In bj daniels worst passing game ever? They just let us run until they got into a spot where we had to throw...game over.

wouldnt matter if we had jerry riice

• Content Count:  1,633

I'm sure if Griffin could have gone, he would have...

http://sports.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C127/

GRIFFIN LIKELY TO REDSHIRT: While no definitive decision has been made, it appears sophomore receiver Sterling Griffin is likely going to redshirt this season barring an injury to another Bulls receiver.

Holtz said Griffin, who suffered a dislocated ankle suffered in summer workouts, is still in a “tightness mode†with the ankle. Griffin has dressed the past few games but has not played.

“My mindset with him right now is if somebody doesn’t get hurt, I’m not going to use his year with six games left to play a backup role,†Holtz said. “If we were to have a couple injuries and he could play a starting role for us the last five or six games of the year, then I would kind of look at the possibility of trying maybe to take his year. Right now, again, we have to see how he progresses. He doesn’t do anybody any good to be able to come out here and run routes for 10 minutes and then sit down for five when the defense is on the field and then need 10 minutes to warm up again, you know what I mean.â€

• Content Count:  1,633

And instead of saying "if this guy and this guy werent hurt," why don't the guys, who are on the field, Knowles, Lamar, Hornes, Lansi, Shields, etc, STEP UP.

None of them have done squat. They arent helping BJ at all.

Archived