• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Now we know why our previous OC's kept the offense vanilla

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Somebody miss Chico already?  Problem is . . . last year's system wouldn't work this year either . . . no reason for the defense to hang back.  gb!

There was no "system" last year. If the first "read" isn't there, run around and throw it.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

placing the blame on our coaching staff for this kid's ineffectiveness is just plain dumb.

If the coaching staff inserted Rocky at QB and he was ineffective, would it be dumb to blame coaches for the decision to play Rocky?

As long as Rocky doesn't toss FIVE interceptions in one game, he might actually be a better option at QB.  We should launch a "Start Rocky at QB!" campaign. 

If there was doubt that we are in meltdown mode, this ends it. :D

• Content Count:  444
  • Days Won:  0

placing the blame on our coaching staff for this kid's ineffectiveness is just plain dumb.

If the coaching staff inserted Rocky at QB and he was ineffective, would it be dumb to blame coaches for the decision to play Rocky?

If the coaches decided to pull rocky out of the game and put in a quadriplegic would that make everyone happy?  Or should we just leave rocky in because unfortunately he's the best option we've got at QB?

I follow the analogy, but it doesn't apply here.  How do we know Gunsby is a quadriplegic?  And if he is, maybe he can be rehabilitated.  Why is BJ is the best option?

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

If the coaches decided to pull rocky out of the game and put in a quadriplegic would that make everyone happy?  Or should we just leave rocky in because unfortunately he's the best option we've got at QB?

I don't know ask Coach Dozer

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I follow the analogy, but it doesn't apply here.  How do we know Gunsby is a quadriplegic?  And if he is, maybe he can be rehabilitated.   Why is BJ is the best option?

You do know that the coaches run the practices between the games, right?  Sure you and I aren't completely sure Gunsby is worse then BJ, but the coaches actually get to watch them in action throughout the week.  That's why they get paid to make those decisions.  If Skip and co thought Gunsby would give us a better shot to win I'm sure they would burn his redshirt and play him, but they are not doing that.

I follow the analogy, but it doesn't apply here.  How do we know Gunsby is a quadriplegic?  And if he is, maybe he can be rehabilitated.   Why is BJ is the best option?

You do know that the coaches run the practices between the games, right?  Sure you and I aren't completely sure Gunsby is worse then BJ, but the coaches actually get to watch them in action throughout the week.  That's why they get paid to make those decisions.  If Skip and co thought Gunsby would give us a better shot to win I'm sure they would burn his redshirt and play him, but they are not doing that.

I'm pretty sure that we've learned that BJ doesn't give us a shot to win against BCS talent.  I'm not sure we have a chance to win with either QB, but I'd rather lose with Gunsby because it is an investment in the future.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we are lacking the necessary talent to compete

pretty simple concept

• Content Count:  640

+1. Holtz know what he is doing. He isn't any lame duck desperation hire. He has said that Daniels performs well in practice, but it's obvious to everyone that he falls apart mentally on game day. Bogan and Landi have been wide the hell open on many, many occasions over the last two games, but it looks like Daniels is completely blind to anything but the first look, whether his receiver is under quadruple coverage or not. That's not on Holtz. I'm sure he is thinking long and hard every day (and likely losing sleep) over who gets the start based on what he sees in practice.

+1. Holtz know what he is doing. He isn't any lame duck desperation hire. He has said that Daniels performs well in practice, but it's obvious to everyone that he falls apart mentally on game day. Bogan and Landi have been wide the hell open on many, many occasions over the last two games, but it looks like Daniels is completely blind to anything but the first look, whether his receiver is under quadruple coverage or not. That's not on Holtz. I'm sure he is thinking long and hard every day (and likely losing sleep) over who gets the start based on what he sees in practice.

Call me crazy, but I think events that take place on gameday, consistently, carry more weight than what occurs in practice.  In Little League, I looked like Cliff Lee in practice.  When I pitched in a game, I hit the backstop with every other pitch.  Coaches kept me at 3rd base the rest of the season.

If it doesn’t translate to the game, it is useless.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I don't know ask Coach Dozer

Unfortunately Rocky is the future of this program at QB, we CANNOT afford to lose a year of eligibility for him in which he will placed into a no win situation.  Those of you who cannot wait for the Rocky D. Bull era at QB to start will have to wait till at least till next fall. 

Archived