• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What about the O line?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

O line play for a vetren group has been ill at best. These guys should be blowing people off the ball, but instead are not doing the job. Evidence? Plancer 60 yds rushing. I mean, c'mon people? BJ sucks, we all know this. All D's have to do is put pressure on him and he craps out. O line needs to work on blocking, making holes etc. Even though I have never been a BJ fan, the O needs a swift kick. A Holtz new era? Nah, not this year!

• Content Count:  91

O line play last night was anemic. The group can't pass block to save their lives.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Mo had 11 carries and averaged 5.7 ypc. Mo is not an elite RB, in fact, he should have taken one to the house, but, in typical fashion, he fell on his face in the open field. 5.7 ypc isn't enough for you?

Run blocking has been great all year, not sure what the gripe is there. We very rarely have gotten stuffed at the line unless we're trying some mis-direction BS out of the shotgun and the defense reads it all the way. When we line up and run, there is always something there.

Pass blocking... maybe it could be better, but, BJ has to help them out. No defense respects our pass, so, if we line up with 3 WRs in obvious passing situations, the defense keeps 3 DBs on them, keeps a spy on BJ, then sends everyone else, over whelming our blockers. It's not just the OL, you're asking Mo and a TE to hold blocks on a 250 lb linebacker until BJ decides to throw the ball. BJ doesn't recognize the blitz, so, he holds the ball too long, and it is a sack. The only way to stop that pattern is by making them pay with a screen pass or, get rid of the ball quickly and get a WR slant across the middle that only has to beat his guy and he's off to the races. Instead, BJ holds the ball, stares down the one guy he is thinking about throwing to, then sees the pressure and tries to run, but, right into someone else.

I 100% believe that BJD is the problem with the offense. The line IMHO is improved. I am not saying that we would be better with any of the other options at QB, but I don't think we could be worse either.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Mo had 11 carries and averaged 5.7 ypc. Mo is not an elite RB, in fact, he should have taken one to the house, but, in typical fashion, he fell on his face in the open field. 5.7 ypc isn't enough for you?

Run blocking has been great all year, not sure what the gripe is there. We very rarely have gotten stuffed at the line unless we're trying some mis-direction BS out of the shotgun and the defense reads it all the way. When we line up and run, there is always something there.

Pass blocking... maybe it could be better, but, BJ has to help them out. No defense respects our pass, so, if we line up with 3 WRs in obvious passing situations, the defense keeps 3 DBs on them, keeps a spy on BJ, then sends everyone else, over whelming our blockers. It's not just the OL, you're asking Mo and a TE to hold blocks on a 250 lb linebacker until BJ decides to throw the ball. BJ doesn't recognize the blitz, so, he holds the ball too long, and it is a sack. The only way to stop that pattern is by making them pay with a screen pass or, get rid of the ball quickly and get a WR slant across the middle that only has to beat his guy and he's off to the races. Instead, BJ holds the ball, stares down the one guy he is thinking about throwing to, then sees the pressure and tries to run, but, right into someone else.

I 100% believe that BJD is the problem with the offense. The line IMHO is improved. I am not saying that we would be better with any of the other options at QB, but I don't think we could be worse either.

I agree with the first part. run blocking has been great. plancher only had 60 yards because they only called his number 11 times.

pass blocking has been atrocious. many times last night guys broke through on a 4 man rush with hardly being touched.

• Content Count:  166

I agree with the first part. run blocking has been great. plancher only had 60 yards because they only called his number 11 times.

pass blocking has been atrocious. many times last night guys broke through on a 4 man rush with hardly being touched.

+1

well said 94

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

it was popeks fault

he didn't even play... Bass started for popek... lol

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

it was popeks fault

he didn't even play... Bass started for popek... lol

Maybe that's why it's Popek's fault

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The pass protection has been atrocious so far this season. 

Archived