• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's going to be a long season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

I was actually thinking the opposite - if we don't get it together, it will be a short season without a bowl game

I was thinking the same thing.  Don't see 3 more wins on the schedule to get bowl eligible.

I think the team has the talent to win three more games this season especially considering how weak the BE is this year. Its up to the coaching staff to make the necessary adjustments. A five game bowl game streak is on the line and who knows on  the large scale of things effects on recruiting and expansion, and it will be interesting to see whether Coach Holtz has what it takes to make this season respectable.  Rutgers, UConn, Pitt, Louisville, Cincy are beatable and we always seem to play West Virginia well.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  21,346
  • Days Won:  10

I say we only win 2 Big East games, our offense is not good.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

I was actually thinking the opposite - if we don't get it together, it will be a short season without a bowl game

I was thinking the same thing.  Don't see 3 more wins on the schedule to get bowl eligible.

I think the team has the talent to win three more games this season especially considering how weak the BE is this year. Its up to the coaching staff to make the necessary adjustments. A five game bowl game streak is on the line and who knows on  the large scale of things effects on recruiting and expansion, and it will be interesting to see whether Coach Holtz has what it takes to make this season respectable.  Rutgers, UConn, Pitt, Louisville, Cincy are beatable and we always seem to play West Virginia well.

Personally think you are wrong.  We just got beat, AT HOME, by Syracuse. 

Go out on a limb and predict which 3 we win.  We've never beaten L'ville up there, I don't see us beating WV or Cinci on the road.  Pitt is the only one I see us winning.  And we have no shot at Miami.

• Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

Go out on a limb and predict which 3 we win.  We've never beaten L'ville up there, I don't see us beating WV or Cinci on the road.  Pitt is the only one I see us winning.  And we have no shot at Miami.

read my post closer; I didn't say we will win three more games but we have the "talent" to win three more games; huge difference.  We have always underperformed with the talent we have IMO and have still been able to be respectable. Now Its up to the new coaching staff to get the team ready for the rest of the season and get the most out of the rest of the year and make adjustments. Whether they will I don't know. It all starts Thursday.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

read my post closer; I didn't say we will win three more games but we have the "talent" to win three more games; huge difference.  We have always underperformed with the talent we have IMO and have still been able to be respectable. Now Its up to the new coaching staff to get the team ready for the rest of the season and get the most out of the rest of the year and make adjustments. Whether they will I don't know. It all starts Thursday.

Read it closer and still disagree.  We don't have talented wide-outs.  Our RBs are average at best (considering there is no one better than Plancher to start).  QB?  Nuff said.  O-Line looked to be a bright spot, but after today I'm not as sure.

We're young in the defensive backfield.  Our D-line is talented but still small.  LB's are average. 

Who will be a BE first teamer from USF?  Maybe Genus at center?

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I see nothing to lead me to believe we can 3 more games. 1 possibly, 2 is a stretch.

The team is at a precarious point in time in oir development as a program. The way things went down wit Leavitt, I was that we have a completely horrible year, we miss out on a bowl then start to lose the better level of recruits we were starting to get.

Man, we are in a really tough situation. If we are not going to let BJ do his thing, I sure hope the coaching staff has their eyes on a JUCO QB that can come in and run his style of offense.  I just don't see BJ excelling in this offense.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I see nothing to lead me to believe we can 3 more games. 1 possibly, 2 is a stretch.

The team is at a precarious point in time in oir development as a program. The way things went down wit Leavitt, I was that we have a completely horrible year, we miss out on a bowl then start to lose the better level of recruits we were starting to get.

Man, we are in a really tough situation. If we are not going to let BJ do his thing, I sure hope the coaching staff has their eyes on a JUCO QB that can come in and run his style of offense.  I just don't see BJ excelling in this offense.

+1 I can not disagree with a what you have said, its spot on.

I too see us wining maybe 1 more game if BJ is left in as the starter... maybe more if the backups fit more into Skips system.

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

Sit back, eat some hot dogs and enjoy the transition period.  It's not a bad time to be a Bulls fan!  It will be interesting to see how they build the new team.  The bandwagon may empty out a bit but the real fans are still coming out.

You can always see the "real" fans...they are the ones always standing!

;)

Hehe, well keep in mind that unless you are in the student section, you will be thrown out of the stadium for standing up for too long.

Sec 125 is starting to become a standing section in the first few rows.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Sit back, eat some hot dogs and enjoy the transition period.  It's not a bad time to be a Bulls fan!  It will be interesting to see how they build the new team.  The bandwagon may empty out a bit but the real fans are still coming out.

You can always see the "real" fans...they are the ones always standing!

;)

Hehe, well keep in mind that unless you are in the student section, you will be thrown out of the stadium for standing up for too long.

Sec 125 is starting to become a standing section in the first few rows.

Yup, i want to move lower in the section next season for this exact reason. 

• Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

Remember Rutgers offense looked horrible and LOST to Tulane at home and turned arounc and beat UConn. Not saying the Bulls will win but ou never know. Tulane is a worse team than cuse

Archived