• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Coaching better this year than last? Syracuse coach says "yes"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Per Greg's blog:

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/syracuse-coach-blunt-about-bulls-dominance

I think they're a better team right now than they were a year ago. There's a lot more discipline and hustle. No disrespect to the other staff,

I think their defensive line is better than it was last year in my personal opinion

In other words:

"No offense to the other staff but since I don't coach against them any more.....let's back up the bus."  [beep] [beep] [beep]

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

Discipline is something that almost all of Leavitt's squads lacked, it was about the only consistent thing about them.

• Content Count:  1,479
  • Days Won:  0

Oh come on. Its pure coach speak. Just like Urban saying we belong in the SEC. Just like Leavitt saying Wofford was "awfully good". We've done absolutely nothing so far this season. Maybe we'll go on and win the Big East and play great, but at this point as of today, basically had 3 pre season games and a loss against the one good team.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

From Greg's Blog

"We're getting ready to play a team that, since arriving in the Big East, has really dominated us," Marrone said during Monday's Big East coaches conference call. "They're coming off probably their most complete game vs. Florida Atlantic. I think they're a better team right now than they were a year ago. There's a lot more discipline and hustle. No disrespect to the other staff, but they seem to be really buying into what Coach Holtz is doing and really playing well.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/syracuse-coach-blunt-about-bulls-dominance

Looks like at least one BE coach believes we have upgraded the staff.  I am sure others will as this season progresses.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

All of us who have followed this program for long period of time can see the difference.

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

how is this an off the field issue?

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I think you're desperately stretching what he said in order to justify the sleazy way Woolard and Genshaft treated someone who sacrificed a great deal over 14 years to build the program.

It's not a stretch at all. What Marrone said is very true. You can see that in the way the team has played the first 4 games. Penalties are way down (especially the personal foul variety), special teams play is much better and we have a running game not centered on the QB. Anyone who has followed this program for the 14 seasons we've played (which is evident that you haven't) can see this.

You'll get no argument from me about what Coach Leavitt did to build this program. Everyone knows what he built from nothing and that will never be taken away from him, but he did let his emotions get the best of him in hitting a STUDENT athlete and interfered with the subsequent investigation.

Decided to save the mods some trouble and be pre-emptive.  It would have ended up here within a few short posts.  Read some of the ones on here already, and you know what I mean.

From Greg's Blog

"We're getting ready to play a team that, since arriving in the Big East, has really dominated us," Marrone said during Monday's Big East coaches conference call. "They're coming off probably their most complete game vs. Florida Atlantic. I think they're a better team right now than they were a year ago. There's a lot more discipline and hustle. No disrespect to the other staff, but they seem to be really buying into what Coach Holtz is doing and really playing well.

Looks like at least one BE coach believes we have upgraded the staff.  I am sure others will as this season progresses.

I think you're desperately stretching what he said in order to justify the sleazy way Woolard and Genshaft treated someone who sacrificed a great deal over 14 years to build the program.

Stretching???  I used the direct quote from Greg's blog.  Hardly a stretch.

He said what he said.  It was reported as such.  He clearly respects the new coaching and made a comment as such.  Usually when someone says something along the lines of "..no disrespect to..." it is when they are about to slam whoever they say the don't mean any disrespect to.  In this case, he clearly slammed the previous coaching staff. 

You are shooting the messenger here.  You may not like what he had to say, but he said it, and he believed it.

Decided to save the mods some trouble and be pre-emptive.  It would have ended up here within a few short posts.  Read some of the ones on here already, and you know what I mean.

That's because you have an agenda just like Doug and Judy did.

Are you Judy?  Judy, is that you posting?  I thought you didn't use computers?

Boy are you emotionally tied to this issue or what?  It seems to cloud your judgment.

Archived