• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

I was in the eng building last week to watch a friend defend his doctorate dissertation and saw this

65459_436100656318_504166318_5661903_4222103_n.jpg

I could not figure out where on campus it was but figured you guys could whine about the color of the helmets we will wear there

I wonder how much they estimated this would cost.  The Mall proper was sold in 2008 for $150 million or so... and that does not include the Sears, Dillards, or Burlington Coat Factory properties.

So you're looking at around $200 million just to buy the land.  Plus the cost of removing the existing buildings and parking lots...

If you like the University of Minnesota's stadium... that's more than $200 million more.

A project like the one pictured could be HALF A BILLION dollars.

Who will pay for that?

just put it on a credit card, thats what the rest of the country does :)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I was in the eng building last week to watch a friend defend his doctorate dissertation and saw this

I could not figure out where on campus it was but figured you guys could whine about the color of the helmets we will wear there

I wonder how much they estimated this would cost.  The Mall proper was sold in 2008 for $150 million or so... and that does not include the Sears, Dillards, or Burlington Coat Factory properties.

So you're looking at around $200 million just to buy the land.  Plus the cost of removing the existing buildings and parking lots...

If you like the University of Minnesota's stadium... that's more than $200 million more.

Who will pay for that?

just put it on a credit card, thats what the rest of the country does :)

Can we put it on mine?? Got a Venture card and that would set me up for flights for life ...... maybe.  :-\

• Content Count:  720

Maybe it could be "Verizon Stadium"??? Come on Verizon!!!!

Guest Sunburned

Who will pay for that?

Guest Sunburned

Who will pay for that?

The land could be acquired by the state, for campus expansion.  Other buildings for university use would also be built/renovated on taxpayer's dollars.  A stadium would have to be paid for by foundation monies.

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Maybe it could be "Verizon Stadium"??? Come on Verizon!!!!

There certainly wouldn't be any customer service! You would have to go to a computer terminal, punch in your seat number and location and wait for the next available person.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

the Old Sombrero

Not

The land could be acquired by the state, for campus expansion.  Other buildings for university use would also be built/renovated on taxpayer's dollars.  A stadium would have to be paid for by foundation monies.

The state is fairly broke as it is... so if USF needs more space for academic purposes, it would likely not be the mall.  It would probably land that is currently not developed - further out Fowler Ave, for example.

• Content Count:  5

Hey thats my presentation i did with a group for our LEED class.  We were given the project to come up with a new "green" stadium that was energy efficent and all.  Thats funny its on display.  That was a stupid project.

Guest Sunburned

The state is fairly broke as it is... so if USF needs more space for academic purposes, it would likely not be the mall.  It would probably land that is currently not developed - further out Fowler Ave, for example.

1.  The economy doesn't recover:

a.  There will be little need to expand the campus.

b.  The mall will go out of business and the property will be on the market.

c.  There will be almost no chance of a stadium being built.

2.  There are a few properties (including the mall) near the campus that have been/are are under consideration for acquisition for the future expansion of USF.

Archived