• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So what did we learn tonight kiddies?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  728
  • Days Won:  0

I learned that we haven't really improved that much on offense and defense.

Special teams was fine

CSH still has a lot of teaching to do and now FAU doesn't look so easy.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Our defense was fine, they scored on a trick play, whoopdie do.

It's not so much that the receivers are that much worse than their injured counterparts (though they probably are) but BJ doesn't have much game experience or rhythm with them.

It's beginning to look like we need to look at a WVU type run-based spread offense though.

• Content Count:  46

FAU lost to North Texas...at home...I think WKU was more of a challenge than FAU will be.  This schedule is abysmal. 

• Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I learned that we haven't really improved that much on offense and defense.

Special teams was fine

CSH still has a lot of teaching to do and now FAU doesn't look so easy.

"Improved" isn't a word that should even be thought of when watching this team (except possibly on special teams, I grant...although we were 0.5 for 4 in the category).  We haven't looked this bad since joining the Big East.

By the way, thanks for the feed...only way I can watch the game!!!   :cheers

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

I learned, like most were predicting during the layoff, that USF will be running the Big East and going to a BCS game  ::)

One good quarter against UF does not a season make.

Now, really, I learned that we have a long way to go.  We have a new coaching staff that called plays like this was a scrimmage.  They aren't showing anything to the Big East teams and pretty much just ran the ball up the middle or off tackle every play. 

We aren't a bad as we looked today and we aren't as good as we looked in the first half of the UF game.  I might want to change my prediction from 7-5 to 6-6, but I'll stick with the 7-5.  We aren't beating Pitt, WVU or Miami.

• Content Count:  521

It's beginning to look like we need to look at a WVU type run-based spread offense though.

+1

We really NEED to accept who we are, which is a team that cannot pass worth a lick, and focus on our strengths, which is running with our QB and RB's, with an occasional pass down field to keep the defense honest..

Let's be honest, BJ isn't gonna be an NFL QB.  he knows it, we know it, teams know it.  but he is an amazing athlete with a great arm, and not so great accuracy/decision making-- let's highlight his strengths and hide his weaknesses.  let's make him the next Pat White.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

We aren't beating Pitt,

You do realize Pitt lost 31-3, don't you.  Pitt has no QB.

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

our defense was pretty solid. our special teams was pretty good with T-Rex returning punts and stopping punt at 1 inch line. although the kicking problems continued with schwartz and bonani barely got kick in. Like in previous years we can play like a top 15 team at times and then immediately seem like we don't even deserve to play in the big east...just too inconsistent

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

I don't think we learned squat about this team from tonight's game.

I think our KO and Punt teams look better with T-Rex back there, I think Bonani may have a shot at being the full time kicker.

I like what I have seen from Murray and it was nice to see Kelly get some touches in our goal line package.

Our defense looked solid for the most part but this is WKU so I don't know how much you can take from that.

I liked that our penalties were down.

I think the big question mark is our passing game.....it was non-existant in the UF game and BJ was way off that day. Today....I don't think his passes were THAT off the mark but the coaching staff didn't give him much to do so it is hard to determine anything from that.

• Content Count:  5,241

We need receivers very badly.... also bj needs to tighten up, I don't want to lose to fau or syracuse

Archived