• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A statement our athletic department should publish

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

Smazza - I agree but the other side of the coin is if you get a chance to get young kids as fans, even if it's just using the logo for youth sports, then you have a chance to make them a lifetime fan.

This year at our local little league we have UF, FSU, Miami, Georgia Tech, Georgia, LSU, Alabama and Rice.

I selected these teams know that most little leage kids know absolutely nothing about Rice.  Guess what.  Rice has the coolest hat in the league.  There are now 50+ kids running around in Rice gear.  You can ask the kids who are 7 and up about the Rice Owls and most of them will give you a history lesson on their baseball team, when they last won a national championship, which MLB players played at Rice, etc.  The kids take pride in the team they are associated with.  I bet most of the kids wearing Rice gear this fall will be fans of Rice in the next college baseball world series.

Last fall my oldest son played for the Tenn Volunteers in that horrible orange color.  He finished with a perfect seson.  Both he and my middle aged son who was too young for the league cheer for Tennessee everytime they are on TV whether it is football or basketball.  It makes me sick because I don't like Tennessee but just because my son played on the team he now roots for them.

This year I made sure all of my kids were on the Rice Owls.  I didn't want to risk them becoming Gator, Nole, or Convict (err Hurricane) fans.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,558

Smazza - I agree but the other side of the coin is if you get a chance to get young kids as fans, even if it's just using the logo for youth sports, then you have a chance to make them a lifetime fan.

This year at our local little league we have UF, FSU, Miami, Georgia Tech, Georgia, LSU, Alabama and Rice.

I selected these teams know that most little leage kids know absolutely nothing about Rice.  Guess what.  Rice has the coolest hat in the league.  There are now 50+ kids running around in Rice gear.  You can ask the kids who are 7 and up about the Rice Owls and most of them will give you a history lesson on their baseball team, when they last won a national championship, which MLB players played at Rice, etc.  The kids take pride in the team they are associated with.  I bet most of the kids wearing Rice gear this fall will be fans of Rice in the next college baseball world series.

Last fall my oldest son played for the Tenn Volunteers in that horrible orange color.  He finished with a perfect seson.  Both he and my middle aged son who was too young for the league cheer for Tennessee everytime they are on TV whether it is football or basketball.  It makes me sick because I don't like Tennessee but just because my son played on the team he now roots for them.

This year I made sure all of my kids were on the Rice Owls.  I didn't want to risk them becoming Gator, Nole, or Convict (err Hurricane) fans.

This is very true, growing up I played for the giants, and became a giants fan by associating it with my little league team

Guest Sunburned

Is your Little League legally authorized by those universities to use the trademarked logos of their teams?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527

Great idea to offer the USF Logo, but to truly make it happen [glow=red,2,300]USF should also offer to pay to convert their helmets and uniforms.[/glow]  That would be great PR for USF.

Actually, we should pay to convert ours back.  Our colors are green & gold not green & white!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

Great idea to offer the USF Logo, but to truly make it happen [glow=red,2,300]USF should also offer to pay to convert their helmets and uniforms.[/glow]  That would be great PR for USF.

Actually, we should pay to convert ours back.  Our colors are green & gold not green & white!

Sitting,

How many other teams have white helmets whose team colors don't include white?  Miami Dolphins come to mind.  There are plenty.

Also, and I've said this more than once, the baseball team wears white hats for most home games.  White is neutral.  I don't see the big deal.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

ussc.jpg

lets go banana slugs!

Archived