• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UF's Jenkins Looking Forward To Playing 'UCF'

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  236
  • Days Won:  0

"Janoris Jenkins, who returned an interception for a touchdown against Miami (Ohio) last week apparently needs a schedule to put on his wall.

Asked about the Gators being upset by dropping to 8th in the AP poll and 6th in the USA Today poll responded: "We're just going to play football. One game at a time. Looking forward to UCF.''

Uh, that's USF, Janoris. The Gators play South Florida in Gainesville on Saturday. UCF is hosting N.C. State.

Ahem."

http://gators.flatoday.net/2010/09/ufs-jenkins-looking-forward-to-playing.html

I imagine this will spark a rational and thoughtful rhetoric from the USF faithful. 

• Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Would hate for our players to see this... They might mistake it for Janoris and possibly other Gators overlooking the game... ;D

• Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Well they did see it. Dontavia Bogan has it on his facebook status.

;D ;D ;D

Just made my night. I'm sure Bogan will be dreaming of beating Jenkins for a TD or 2 on Saturday

• Content Count:  236

so does this count as a moral victory for UCF?  I'm a little fuzzy on those

Were I a UCF fan, I'd be flattered to be thought of as a game that people were looking forward to playing.

• Content Count:  5

Have to say, that's pretty funny.    :D

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Related article:

Game not a rivalry for UF, but USF has a chance to make it one

Posted: Thursday, September 9, 2010 1:35 am 

MIKE McCALL, McCallin' It Like I See It

You’ve got space cleared on your floor for a blow-up mattress, maybe even a neatly folded towel ready if you take pride in being a host.

The plan goes like this: show your Tampa buddies some fun on Friday, putting up with their chatter about the Rays, how USF is a budding college football superpower and how, “Dude, you seriously have to come check out Mons Venus. You can touch them!â€

You let them talk all they want because, in your mind, you’re just giving them rope to hang themselves after your Gators make mincemeat out of their Bulls on Saturday.

This has been your idea ever since the game came onto the schedule. USF fans want to act big and bad? OK, Florida will provide the wake-up call.

For students — especially those with friends in Tampa — it’s a big deal.

For players? Well, listen to this slip of the tongue from UF cornerback Janoris Jenkins on Wednesday.

“We’re looking forward to UCF.â€

Ouch.

Jenkins didn’t mean it as a slight; it just slipped out. And for what it’s worth, he said “Of course†when asked if the Bulls’ program belongs among UF, Miami and FSU as the state’s elite.

But Jenkins would never accidentally call the Seminoles or Hurricanes by the wrong name, and that shows how much of a “rivalry†this truly is.

UF coaches and players have had nothing but positive comments about USF this week, raving about quarterback B.J. Daniels and how far the program has come in the past few years.

But there’s no underlying fear or disdain in those statements.

It sounds like they’re proudly talking about their little brother, and the sibling down I-75 hasn’t come out with much trash talk either.

A Lane Kiffin-esque leader would kick start a rivalry, but USF coach Skip Holtz and UF’s Urban Meyer are far from that.

Holtz helped land Meyer his first job at Notre Dame, and they’ve gushed about each other in interviews.

And really, who wouldn’t love Skip? Holtz and I have a strained relationship since he bailed on my beloved East Carolina Pirates, but deep down, he’s a hero of mine because he wins and seems like a genuinely good guy while doing it.

But Holtz isn’t driving up to Gainesville to smile at his ol’ pal Urban and take a whooping.

He knows this role, and he plays it well.

At ECU, another program with a Scrappy-Doo attitude, he was always trying to get his school on the map.

Like the Bulls, Pirates fans have long considered themselves on par with the best teams in their state, and they’ve largely been ignored because those other teams’ fans have bigger fish to fry.

Holtz thrived in that position, taking down West Virginia and Virginia Tech to open the 2008 season, then winning back-to-back Conference USA titles.

He’s in the same spot at USF, where the Bulls are trying to earn everyone’s respect.

They don’t have it yet, but things could change in the course of a few hours in The Swamp.

Conquering Florida would give the Bulls road wins against the Gators and ’Noles in two years, and that’s the only way to make this a real rivalry.

If that happens, you can bet UF players would remember the school’s name.

http://www.alligator.org/sports/sports_columns/article_db85c8d8-bbce-11df-93f2-001cc4c002e0.html

• Content Count:  1,474

Amazing article! I was surprised a Gator fan could actually have a real grasp on the situation. But then I figured it out he's an ECU fan.

• Content Count:  1,985

Face it, this buttmunch said it on purpose to get us fired up.  Meyer is all "USF is strong" becasue the last thing he needs is his team looking past us this week.  They need to think they are playing a NC game when they take the field to make up for last week's debaucle.

I am worried about injuries, the Gaytors started playing very dirty when they were frustrated. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

Well, looks like we have the bulletin board material we were looking for to counter the "Big 4" billboard that UF is using.

Archived