• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Recruiting

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  75
  • Days Won:  0

We are currently ranked 67 in recruiting is this a bit of concern to anyone or is it to early to tell?

Are we in serious contention for some 4 or 5 star players??

How is our recruiting out of the state doing???

Are their any hidden gems we could be getting??

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Too early

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,698
  • Days Won:  108

We are currently ranked 67 in recruiting is this a bit of concern to anyone or is it to early to tell?

Guess you missed my post over on the main board about Boise State being ranked 75th over the last 5 years.  Hasn't been a problem for them.  Let FCSH pick the kids he thinks will fit his system and that are people he can actually get to come to USF.

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Guess you missed my post over on the main board about Boise State being ranked 75th over the last 5 years.  Hasn't been a problem for them.  Let FCSH pick the kids he thinks will fit his system and that are people he can actually get to come to USF.

It hasn't been a problem for them because of who they play or I should say, don't play.  Even that VT win this year is now suspect. USF routinely has a higher strength of schedule then Boise State. Rivals has USF recruiting ranked at #7 ....for the Big East.

2010 strength of schedule. USF 49  Boise St  87 per Phil Steele.

I'll take their AP or Coaches ranking though.

It hasn't been a problem for them because of who they play or I should say, don't play.  Even that VT win this year is now suspect. USF routinely has a higher strength of schedule then Boise State. Rivals has USF recruiting ranked at #7 ....for the Big East.

I am sure they were thinking the same when USF was #2. Or upset when USF beat their fastest to being ranked record.

That conversation lasted a week.

We crush WKU by 12 and they only have to play a ranked team and handle them pretty easily.  Yea, they $uck.  USF would destroy them.

• Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I am sure they were thinking the same when USF was #2. Or upset when USF beat their fastest to being ranked record.

That conversation lasted a week.

We crush WKU by 12 and they only have to play a ranked team and handle them pretty easily.  Yea, they $uck.  USF would destroy them.

Oregon St is the best team they play all year. VT almost beat them and the following week VT was man handled by a 1aa team. Who said USF would destroy them and they suck? They are overrated. Most of the SEC would have no issue with beating them.  I bet Temple could give them a run for the money.  Oregon St won't be ranked at year end either. Boise St will get spanked in their BCS invite game if they succeed in not screwing up before year's end and not get the invite. And if USF had its top WRs and BJ had his INT issues out of his system, yeah, USF could beat them. 

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2010/09/14/even-crediting-them-for-virginia-tech-win-boise-states-strength-of-schedule-not-good-enough/

OK, let's try to get this :backtotopic.  The original post showed concern about our being ranked 67th or whatever in current recruiting. 

My argument is that it isn't anything to be worried about (yet) and used Boise State as an example that your recruiting ranking does not always relate to performance on the field.  The argument was about recruiting.  Boise State has ranked 75th over the last 5 years by those that do that stuff.  They are better than the 75th team in college football over those years.  Whether you think they are overrated isn't material to my position.  I don't believe they are the 3rd best team in the country.  But I also don't think they are the 75th best team in the country.

• Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

OK, let's try to get this :backtotopic.  The original post showed concern about our being ranked 67th or whatever in current recruiting. 

My argument is that it isn't anything to be worried about (yet) and used Boise State as an example that your recruiting ranking does not always relate to performance on the field.  The argument was about recruiting.  Boise State has ranked 75th over the last 5 years by those that do that stuff.  They are better than the 75th team in college football over those years.  Whether you think they are overrated isn't material to my position.  I don't believe they are the 3rd best team in the country.  But I also don't think they are the 75th best team in the country.

Well, you brought up a team that plays a garbage schedule as an example you can have below average recruiting and succeed. USF doesn't play garbage teams, but if they did, their recruiting would be fine. Boise St. joins the Big 10 and wins the conference championship I'll change my tune but Boise St. is happy sitting in a conference filled with garbage teams and crying it should play for a NC because they are so good.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Well, you brought up a team that plays a garbage schedule as an example you can have below average recruiting and succeed. USF doesn't play garbage teams, but if they did, their recruiting would be fine. Boise St. joins the Big 10 and wins the conference championship I'll change my tune but Boise St. is happy sitting in a conference filled with garbage teams and crying it should play for a NC because they are so good.

Slick,

BSU is taking the opportunity to move up to the MWC... they haven't been given any other opportunities to do that before now. As for who they play, as you see with USF's schedule, it takes two to tango... BSU has never shy'd away from a game and I don't see any top tier Big 10 or SEC teams willing to play them.

How can you challenge their schedule when they're doing everything possible to play better competition?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

As for who they play, as you see with USF's schedule, it takes two to tango... BSU has never shy'd away from a game and I don't see any top tier Big 10 or SEC teams willing to play them.

They may not be shying away but they're not exactly bending over backwards to emulate the FSU program that made its' mark with the "any time, any place" philosophy that propeled them to the elite of the college football world ...  http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/27965/boise-state-wants-home-and-home-games

Of course, if they keep getting all this love by winning a few meaningless games over BCS schools, why chance playing more games that could expose them ... kind of like the SEC's ooc philosophy.

Archived