• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Recruiting complaints

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

To those of you who think that recruiting is all about the # of stars a recruit has, I heard some interesting info on Outside the Lines.

Some team named Boise State over the last 5 years (pretty sure that is what they said), has graded out to a #75 ranking.  Shows what you can do with lower star recruits, doncha think?  Thought that was pretty incredible.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

coaching plus easy schedule. If we were in that conference we would probably finish Top 3 every year...

• Content Count:  937
  • Days Won:  0

coaching plus easy schedule. If we were in that conference we would probably finish Top 3 every year...

I agree... we've proved we can man up for the bigger games (Auburn, WVU, Kansas, FSU, etc), if we had easy in conference it'd be another story..

I do think Boise knows how to coach up his player though

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

Whether or not you think Boise State has an easy schedule, it is pretty obvious that they are a very good team most years.  And they are doing it with not highly rated recruiting classes.

I was addressing this to those people on here who are complaining about FCSH's recruiting class for next year because there are not a lot of 4 and 5 stars on the list.

• Content Count:  236

To those of you who think that recruiting is all about the # of stars a recruit has, I heard some interesting info on Outside the Lines.

Some team named Boise State over the last 5 years (pretty sure that is what they said), has graded out to a #75 ranking.  Shows what you can do with lower star recruits, doncha think?  Thought that was pretty incredible.

its on espn's main cfb page. 

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5536040

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Guess we'll have to see how those Smurfs do against the Hokies tomorrow. It will probably be their toughest game of the season. My guess is that they get their teeth handed to them,

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Guess we'll have to see how those Smurfs do against the Hokies tomorrow. It will probably be their toughest game of the season. My guess is that they get their teeth handed to them,

I doubt it they are well coached, I wouldn't be surprised if they smash Vtech boise is a good team, they manhandled a good Oregon team last year.

• Content Count:  14

Stars or pretty B.S. they have a lot to do with who shows up to combines and what not.  A lot of the time the sites will get a 5 star right just because they are super elite athletes and its hard not to notice. If you saw the plant vs manatee game though you might of second guessed Wilder being rated so much higher than Blakely things like that happen all the time.  Recruits are often given more or less stars based on the schools they go to for instance our d/t Chandler was demoted to 3 stars shortly after switching from UM to USF.  I feel the whole system is rough and while it will often point to some big players, I feel stars can often be 1 and even 2 points off.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Stars or pretty B.S. they have a lot to do with who shows up to combines and what not.  A lot of the time the sites will get a 5 star right just because they are super elite athletes and its hard not to notice. If you saw the plant vs manatee game though you might of second guessed Wilder being rated so much higher than Blakely things like that happen all the time.  Recruits are often given more or less stars based on the schools they go to for instance our d/t Chandler was demoted to 3 stars shortly after switching from UM to USF.  I feel the whole system is rough and while it will often point to some big players, I feel stars can often be 1 and even 2 points off.

couldn't agree more. look where TCU ranks every year. Rivals has them cracking the top 50 just in the last 3 years. if you win then somehow your recruiting automatically jumps. I'm not saying they aren't getting better recruits but they won with 90th rated classes. if rivals could actually grade 1000's of high schoolers through out the country accurately then those past classes that won would have been top 50 classes before they started winning. cincy regularly ranked in the bottom 3 in the BE before. Now that they won with those players they rank the new recruits higher.

I trust a coach's ability to identify the talent he needs to run his system  over any paid service that is biased towards it's biggest customers programs any day.

Archived