• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Countdown to Kickoff Subject # 1 - Greg Auman Cheers for Alma Mater or $$?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  558
  • Days Won:  0

Our Countdown to Kickoff Subject list is down to 1 day left. I was going to have the topic be Bulls / Gators GameDay speech. If Holtz asked you to come in the locker room and have a word with the team (like you were Dr. Lou or something), what would you say in 150 words or less that may help in kicking the Gatas Butt? I am going to save this topic for actual Gata Game Week but think about it for next week.

So instead, today's topic is the quandary that our beloved Bulls beat writer is in when the Bulls face the Gatas in a week. Since Scott Carter officially accepted the Gata website job this week, we will only concentrate on Greg Auman. We appreciate, to no end, his incredible coverage of the Bulls but who does he root for, quietly in the Ben Hill Griffin Press Box (no cheering aloud in Press areas). He has slightly shown some of the Gata Nation arrogance in the last couple of weeks so I would assume he feels the same way as Colleen Brown "1...2,3,4,5 Them Gatas don't take no Jive" and believes the Bulls have no chance. Greg mentioned in a chat the Bulls beating the Gators is a "Big IF" and he somewhat downplayed the Bulls attendance by saying we were given only 4-5K and there would be slightly more than that there (official contract # is 6K and we should have close to 10K at the swamp). Anyways, nothing major, just typical Gata Nation and National Media-speak about our game.

I give you below the reasons why he should secretly root for the Gatas and why he should secretly root for the Bulls.

Gatas

He is a Gata Alumni but at least he has not pulled the wearing of a Gata Hat at a Bulls presser like the lady did in Arkansas so he is good with our Athletic Dept. He mentioned taking his family to the Swamp last year for a game so I do not know how he does not root for them vs the Bulls.

Bulls

Show me the money! I would imagine if all our future dreams were fast "forwarded" in the next couple or 5 years it would mean more money to Greg. We beat UF and UM, win the Big East, win a BCS game and start to build the on campus stadium, it would mean a much larger following for our beloved Bulls. This equates to larger circulation, larger internet Blog/Story traffic and greater advertising revenue. Essentially he would get more money due to the greater Bulls following (and if not, we would pressure whoever is employing him for more money).

So there it is. One side of his brain is "towing the company-media line" by saying it is the ol-mighty Gators ranked #3/4 and the Bulls have no chance. The other side is saying this is the best year and best part of the season to play the Gators with inexperienced QB and other key positions. It is September and Bulls don't lose in September. They were visitors in Jordan-Hare(2nd week of season) and Doak and that did not affect them......they may have a chance if BJ pulls another FSU and Brantley is "discombomulated".

Does the arrogance that is ingrained in every UF alumni before they leave Gainesville prevail or does the ability of providing food for his family (or taking them to Disney many more times a year) win over?

Note: This is a complete comical look at the subject for countdown subject #1 so please don't take it too seriously....we can get serious next week when we have seen our two teams finally in action and it is Bulls / Gators Game Week (How many years have we been waiting for this?!)

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

UF's mascot is a female cat?  ;D For the non-Spanish inclined, gata = female cat.

• Content Count:  558
  • Days Won:  0

UF's mascot is a female cat?  ;D For the non-Spanish inclined, gata = female cat.

Unfortuantely, you must read every single post on this board to keep up with the times ;D Gata is referenced to the infamous UF Alum Congresswoman Corrine Brown (House of Rep?) did after their last NC on the House Floor. Someone here linked this youtube video in my photoshop post and it includes subtitles "Go Gata" and "Tim Tivo".

When she performed this speech....Gata Diplomas were falling off the walls everywhere.......unbelievable....enjoy:

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Gentle-Woman...

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Unfortuantely, you must read every single post on this board to keep up with the times ;D Gata is referenced to the infamous UF Alum Congresswoman Corrine Brown (House of Rep?) did after their last NC on the House Floor. Someone here linked this youtube video in my photoshop post and it includes subtitles "Go Gata" and "Tim Tivo".

When she performed this speech....Gata Diplomas were falling off the walls everywhere.......unbelievable....enjoy:

That was incredibly funny.  ;D

I think da Bull got a shot against da gata

• Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

I'm a UF alumnus, but I have kids attending both USF and FSU now.  I'll be rooting for USF against UF next week;  I also follow FSU athletics.  It's been decades since I graduated from UF and after being removed so many years from the daily goings on at the old college one does become less wrapped up in the old alma mater; I think it's called growing up.

Archived